Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Creating Persistent Chat Rooms IM and Presence 10.0.1

I have my external databases configured correctly and have verified that the IMP nodes can access the database server and can connect to the database.

I have unique databases for each of my IMP nodes for persistent chat.

Everything seems to be configured correctly and I have a few users defined as Group Chat System Administrators.

My problem is now I can't find anywhere in any documentation on how to actually create a persistent chat room.  I can't figure out how to do it from the jabber client (10.6) or from the IMP web interface.  I have also poked around the CUCM interface to see if there was something there that needed to be created.

Can someone point me to some documentation on how to actually create a persistent chat room and how users are able to join this room after it is created?

Thanks for the assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
2 Replies 2

Jamin Horton
Level 4
Level 4

I guess my real question was how to enable the feature set in the jabber client.  This isn't very intuitive and I didn't find it in any of the documentation spelled out like I thought it would be.

It turns out you have to modify the jabber-config.xml for a client to be able to see the persistent chat "Chat Rooms" button on the UI.  The correct Client attribute XML value is below.

<Client>

<Persistent_Chat_Enabled>true</Persistent_Chat_Enabled>

</Client>

Once the client has the "Chat Rooms" button exposed in the UI then you can follow the screenshots above to create a room.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: