Views
Helpful
Replies

csim start command is invalid on cisco 4321 , IOS version 16.08 and 16.09

yuexp0929
Level 1
Level 1

Hello 

I just updated a VG to Cisco 4321.  I found that csim start command is invalid. I tried to upgrade IOS 16.09.7, but it isn't invalid,either.

Do you any experience?  Thanks in advance! 

Router1#csim start 943448990
                ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I tried the command on two different router models:

1. On Cisco ISR 4431 with Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.05. The command worked successfully. 

Working.png

I also tried same command without matching any dial peer and got below error message (same as you mentioned).

NotWorking_2.png

2. On Cisco ISR 4331 with Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.03. The command didn't work.

NotWorking.png 

It looks like this command is discontinued in newer versions.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

its working on my ISR  4321 with version 15.5(3)S4b,I can upgrade my lab router Sunday and test it. 

Try without number, if still it shows invalid input instead of incomplete command then most probably this command might be deprecated. 

lab#csim start 

% Incomplete command.

Response Signature

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi,

I am sure you're aware of this, but just putting out there. Make sure that you're trying the command in a telnet session. It's not available in SSH.

I can  issue the command through  SSH. For  @yuexp0929  he is getting invalid.

Screenshot 2021-06-11 at 1.55.42 PM.png

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply.

The same error message without  telephone number:" % Invalid input detected at '^' marker."

CSIM start is not available with the latest versions.Upgraded my lab vg to 17.3.3  and i get the same response. Before upgrade i was able to issue the CSIM command.

Command looks deprecated.

csim start
^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Response Signature

Agreed. I've just tried 17.3.2 and 16.9.4 and I get the same response.

Thanks for your reply!

I used it in a telnet session. 

Can you please share the output of sh license from your gateway?

Response Signature

Thanks for your reply

Feature  name  Enforcement  Evaluation  Subscription  Enabled  RightToUse
appxk9             yes                  yes                 no             yes                yes
uck9                 yes                 yes                  no             yes                yes
securityk9         yes                 yes                  no             yes                yes
ipbasek9           no                  no                    no             yes                no
FoundationSuiteK9 yes            yes                  no              no                yes
AdvUCSuiteK9 yes                  yes                  no              no                yes
cme-srst          yes                 yes                  no              yes                yes
hseck9             yes                 no                   no               no                  no
throughput        yes                yes                  no               yes                yes
internal_service yes                no                   no                no                 no

Thanks, wanted to check if you had the UC service licenses and you do, so that’s not the cause of this anyway. I’ll check on our test system that runs 17.3.3 to see if the command is available on it on Monday and get back to you on this. I’ll also check on our production systems as the run on 16.9.

Response Signature

Vaijanath Sonvane
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

I tried the command on two different router models:

1. On Cisco ISR 4431 with Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 16.09.05. The command worked successfully. 

Working.png

I also tried same command without matching any dial peer and got below error message (same as you mentioned).

NotWorking_2.png

2. On Cisco ISR 4331 with Cisco IOS XE Software, Version 17.03.03. The command didn't work.

NotWorking.png 

It looks like this command is discontinued in newer versions.

Please rate helpful posts and if applicable mark "Accept as a Solution".
Thanks, Vaijanath S.

Hello Vaijanath Sonvane,

Thanks for your reply! 

My VG 4321 with IOS Version 16.09.05 still doesn't work, but I will try to find the reason. 

Thank you very much!

Hi Vaijanath

do you know any other command replace it? just test call 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: