Views
Helpful
Replies

CSS Configuration

scooter817
Level 2
Level 2

Hi Everyone

I have a question, I have a phone at my desk that I’m trying to test with the new settings that I've created and everything works until I change the directory number CSS. Currently the CSS that works is the unrestricted CSS and I want to use the International_CSS for the line and when I save the changes and the phone comes back up from a reset I try and dial an internal number and as soon as I hit 8 trying to dial my number which is 8188 it tells me “Your call cannot be completed as dialed” the same with external as well. Can anyone give me some insight on what I configured wrong on the CSS.

Eric

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CSS "International_CSS" must have partitions which are assigned to internal numbers (other phones) and route patterns to reach them.

Suresh

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Suresh Hudda
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CSS "International_CSS" must have partitions which are assigned to internal numbers (other phones) and route patterns to reach them.

Suresh

Suresh

Your advice fixed the internal issue, I assigned my test phone and my desk phone both to my global partition and now I can call them. But when I try and dial an external number like my cell phone after I dial the number it does nothing it's just dead air.

Dear, If you assign 'unrestricted CSS' css to ip phone then is external call is working ?

Have you checked the partition at route pattern as well ? this partition should be in CSS "International_CSS" .

How calls to got external network, is it mgcp/h323 gateway or sip trunk, just please see the debug logs there whether call is hitting there.

Suresh

Suresh

what is going on is we currently are using a multisite distributed call model and I'm changing it to multisite centralized call model. Previously each site had an Onnet partition with the route patterns for all the other sites since we have ICT connecting us to each other.In the new model I'm only going to have 1 partition for DN's which is the Global_PT. the way we have it right now is that device and line both use the same CSS. But I want to use the device/line approach where my device has a device_CSS and my line has a line_CSS, right now the unrestricted_CSS has 4 partitions in it which are the onnet_pt,Local_pt,Toll_pt,and the E911. In my new CSS for the line I have just 3 PT, I have the global_pt for DN's and a PSTN_pt which is a combined PT of the local,toll, and E911 in the unrestricted_CSS and a restricted_pt to block 1-900 calls. My patterns are the exact same as what the unrestricted_CSS uses the only different is that the patterns in the CSS are using a route list instead of the gateway directly.

CSS and partitions are one of the most basic building blocks of CUCM I'd suggest you to read this and fully understand how they work:

Calling Privileges.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/collab10/collab10/dialplan.html#pgfId-1044276

Older SNRDs also cover thoroughly the line/device CSS approach for calling privileges.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime

I actually read that last week and watched the INE videos on CSS and PT and something is still off. I have a call with TAC at 12pm CST so if I can't figure it out by then the engineer should be able to help me out and once I actually see what is wrong I'll know how to fix the other CSS for the other sites.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: