Replies

CU CM IP Address change issues

mdriyazdeen
Level 1
Level 1

HI ALL

CAN ANY ONE GUIDE ME HOW TO KNOW THE CHNAGED IP IS TAKEN EFFECT IN CALL MANAGER

OR

CAN WE ROLL BACK TO THE OLD IP ADRESS BY ANY CHANCE ?

REGARDS,

RIYAZDEEN.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Are you able to navigate to the admin pages using the new IP address? Is this a cluster or standalone server? How does replication look? You should be able to roll back, however IP address change is something that needs to be done carefully and the document followed meticulously.

Please rate useful posts.

View solution in original post

10 Replies 10

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Are you able to navigate to the admin pages using the new IP address? Is this a cluster or standalone server? How does replication look? You should be able to roll back, however IP address change is something that needs to be done carefully and the document followed meticulously.

mdriyazdeen
Level 1
Level 1

Mr. Thomas

First i would like to Thank you very much for your reply and i will expalin you the current situation

and I kindly request you guide me to resume the server to working.

we have two call manager Cisco server model CM7816-I5 version 8.5.1.10000-26 loaded with UC

one is active and another one is in standby

and we have assigned the IP address for the call manager 1 as 10.10.100.10 and another one is with 10.10.100.100

and it was working fine till i change to the new IP address given below

call manager 1 with 10.250.193.101 and call manager 2 with 10.250.193.201

I followed the below procedure

I access via 10.10.100.10 - system-server- changed the 1st IP of the call manager 1

and after that looged to the CLI mode and given command as below

Step 1

admin: set network gateway 10.10.100.1

Step 2

admin: set network ip eth0 10.10.100.10 255.255.255.0

Step 3

rebooted

I tried once

admin:utils system restart

-----------------------------------------------------------

Answering to your question

I can log in to the page using the new Ip address but i did not find any drop down menu and unable to click any option.

Systems replication as below after the IP change

In the Call Manager 1 

command : show network eth0

IP address : 10.250.193.101 

sub net     :  255.255.255.0

Gateway   :  10.250.193.1

Status  : Up

command :  show network cluster

10.10.100.100  CNMC-HTL-SV002 subscriber not authendicated-initiated since July 30 09:33:01 2013

10.250.193.101 CNMC-HTL-SV001 publisher authendicated

command : run SQL select name, nodeid from processnode

NAME                                               NodeId

Enterprise wide Data                            1

10.250.193.101                                    2

10.10.100.100                                      3

And  in the IP telephones i can see "Updating trust list"

I will be able to provide more details if you still needed at any point of Time.

I really appriciate your reply on the same.

once again i like to thank you in advance for your guidance.

Regards,

Riyazdeen,

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

Hi,

At this point I would recommend you change the IP address back to the original IP. There is some risk involved in doing this and will have to call TAC if things go wrong, forums wont be able to help you. Once that is done verify phones register and replication is good and will go from there.
The reason why you have to revert is to update the ITL at a later time before you change the IP again.

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Mr. Thomas

Thank you once again i will do the same

and shall i follow the same procedure to revert the IP backor is there any other procedure i need to follow.

Regards,

Riyazdeen

Yes, set the default gateway first then change the IP.

Hi Mr. Thomas

sorry to bother you again i will follow the procedures as you said above before i like to ask you that do i need to set any parameters as you said in another my post please refer below

Enable cluster to rollback to pre8.0" if so how can i do this.

Or

simply if i change the gateway and IP address will lead me to get access like earlier as wroking server.

Thanks.

Not needed at this time. I think you should try and get the cluster to be in a working condition before you make any more changed.

Hi Mr. George

Managed to get access one call manager # 2 as you said and logged in it and changed the IP address in System - Server

and when i tried to change the second call manger listed in it but it was denied.

but the call manager# 1 saying in the login prompt that the database communication failure

when i checked the UTLIS SERVICE LIST

i found TFTP componenting stooped and also i restarted intially it was running at a certain point it stopped.

during the startup process i noted that the ethernet network gateway look up failed.

kindly help on the above to resume the server access.

Regards,

Riyazdeen.

FYI Show Status

Hi Riyazdeen,

Going forward whenever ur doing any change for IP address please make sure you take the old MAC lic as once u change the IP you lic file will expire

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: