Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CU Licencing with CUPC, Unified Messaging and MPC

Morning all,

I was hoping someone could let me know how many license units I would consume If I had CU Personal Communicator installed with all the features enabled such as IM, Voicemail, Conferencing, Video, Audio etc.

We assosiate all our CUPC client with their desk phones

DLU's consumed:

CUPC (Ajunct) - 1

CU Presence Server End User Feature License - 1

= 2 in total.

Lastly, will I consume additional DLU's if I plan on using Unified Messaging and Meeting Place Classic?

I'm trying to get an idea of how many DLU's I should reserve for a user running, CUPC, Unified Messaging (through Outlook) and Meeting Place Classic (with Web Conferencing)

Thanks.

Regards,

Jamie

Everyone's tags (6)
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Engager

Re: CU Licencing with CUPC, Unified Messaging and MPC

There are three type of license consumption depending on the features you needed.

1) CUPC license - if you want to use the software "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator".  This will consume 1 DLU.  If you are using MOC (Microsoft Office Communicator), you probably don't need this.

2) UPC - If you want to use the "soft phone" feature of the software "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator".  This will consume 3 DLUs (standalone) or 1 DLU (adjunct license).  If you use desk phone control and don't care about soft phone, you don't need this.

3) CUP license.  This is to enable the phone presence feature (onhook/offhook status).

If you enable #1, you have to enable #3.  But not vice versa (i.e. you could enable #3 without enable #1).  It's done via CUCM > System > Licensing > Capability Assigment.

To disable #2, just don't create any "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator" device under CUCM > Device > Phone.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Engager

Re: CU Licencing with CUPC, Unified Messaging and MPC

There are three type of license consumption depending on the features you needed.

1) CUPC license - if you want to use the software "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator".  This will consume 1 DLU.  If you are using MOC (Microsoft Office Communicator), you probably don't need this.

2) UPC - If you want to use the "soft phone" feature of the software "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator".  This will consume 3 DLUs (standalone) or 1 DLU (adjunct license).  If you use desk phone control and don't care about soft phone, you don't need this.

3) CUP license.  This is to enable the phone presence feature (onhook/offhook status).

If you enable #1, you have to enable #3.  But not vice versa (i.e. you could enable #3 without enable #1).  It's done via CUCM > System > Licensing > Capability Assigment.

To disable #2, just don't create any "Cisco Unified Personal Communicator" device under CUCM > Device > Phone.

Hope this helps.

Michael

http://htluo.blogspot.com

View solution in original post

CreatePlease to create content