Helpful
Replies

CUACA 10.5.2 to 12.0.5

m.batts
Level 4
Level 4

Hi , i am looking to upgrade 10.5.2 to 12.0.5 , one of the requirements is

OpenJDK build 1.8.0.191-1

Can't seem to find it anywhere? anyone got a link?

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Why do you need it? The upgrade process should take care of it for you per the install/upgrade guide:

Cisco Unified Attendant Console now leverages OpenJDK. New installations and upgrades will remove any pre-existing releases of Java from the server, and install OpenJDK.

Thanks for the reply , i guess its how you read as on pg 27 its not listed as a componenent that  will be installed if its not detected.

The  section you highlightd  i took as for new installations of Java ( not CUACA) then it would upgrade hence you needed the install files.

mmmm , guess i'll have to wait and see. I found it in the end buried in the oracle website.

i'm actually trying to attempt a direct upgrade , but there isn't actually any info specifically for that process.Having spoken to cisco you just follow the normal installation as if it was clean and then it just picks up the existing databases... fingers crossed

Correct, it's basically typical windows app install/upgrade, just click next, next, etc. and the files should get installed as part of the process, no need to install anything separately.

I hope so , the documentation is less and clear and only highlights a few things that will be installed as part of it , so i guess we'll see

So , having completed the upgrade last weekend thought i would shrae my experience given the lack of info that seems to be associated with these upgrades.

I completed a "direct upgrade" which is just upgrading the existing server. The documentation only talks about migrating to new servers but the release notes refer to direct upgrade as supported.

First of all make sure your OS and SQL are supported i was running 10.5.2 which was already running the right versions of SQL and Windows so that made life a little easier.

Then you need to install a Windows patching file , can't remember the KB number but this needs to be done before you attempt the upgrade.You don't need to stop any services either.

Once thats done , you can then run the setup.exe supplied with 12.0.5.10 or whatever version you're using.

The documentation describes whats installed and whats not installed as part of this .exe. The documentation is wrong in regards to this , it will install all the stuff you need prior to the actual upgrade taking place.

Once you've rebooted the actual CUACA upgrade takes place , press next a few times and it will prompt to overwrite the existing database .Say 'NO' this will then upgrade with all existing settings.

It will then ask for the SA and CUCM application accounts , you will need to know the passwords for both of these

press next a few more times and then you can reboot . I am running HA so then after i had done the publisher you then do the subscriber.

After the upgrade the passwords will have all been converted to  Uppercase,It's quite clear in the documentation this will happen but i forgot and caused me to panic when i couldn't login.

Once both servers are up and you've logged in , you need to sort out replication , won't go into details as its relatively straight forward

Then finally you will only have a 5 days eval licence, so you'll need to have you lience for the new version ready or at least bought.

Think thats its ... generally quite straight forward ,

Did you re-size your virtual machine as it appears version 12.0.5 requires 2 vCPUs vs. 1, more RAM and 120 GB Disk vs. 80 GB?

Good spot i missed that bit out , so before i did the upgrade i had 54GB free with 80GB partition , after the upgrade i had 52GB free so decided to leave it as we have a very low usage console.Officially not supported but i doubt anyone will check that.

Obviously i updated the Vcpu and mem though.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: