cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUACA - Internal calls stay in queue until ALL external calls are handled

Craig Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

I am running CUAC Advanced 10.5.  When calls come in they first go to the "[F8] All Queues" area of CUAC before dropping down to the "[F7] Active Calls" area.

Our switchboard has noticed that all internal calls remain in the "All Queues" area of CUAC until all external calls have been handled, regardless of the order the calls were received.  So if external calls keep coming in, the internal calls will sit in "All Queues" and the caller will continue to hear ringing until the external calls have been cleared.

I have been unable to find anything to change this behavior to a first-come-first-serve basis.  I am hoping someone can help me.

7 Replies 7

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What are the internal users dialing to reach the operator? Do they dial the CTI Route Point associated with the Queue or something else, i.e. direct extension of the operator? I am not aware of a setting that would prioritize external calls vs internal calls, so my only guess is that the calls arrive differently (not routed via the same route point).

Hi Chris,

Thanks for your quick response.

Internal calls would be dialing '0' which has a translation pattern of a 4-digit DN that is associated with the DDI for CUAC.

External calls would first go to an auto-attendant hosted on Unity Connection and if they don't enter an extension they are automatically transferred to the switchboard.

So, are the calls that arrive from CUC going to the same CTI RP associated with CUAC? If that what is the number they are going to defined as? Any reason they do not go to the same destination?

Yes they both go to the same CTI Route Point (7990).

Internal user dials 0 -->Translation Pattern --> Called Party Transform Mask = 7990

External user dials 10-digit DID --> Hits System Call Handler for auto-attendant --> after hearing Standard greeting, "Attempt Transfer" to "User with Mailbox" --> The extension of the selected user is 7990.

Hmm, have you actually observed the described behavior or just going of off what the user is saying? I would encourage you to test it out by making internal call followed by external call to see if the external call is prioritized as I don't see how this would work this way unless there is a defect of some kind.

Yes, I have observed it.  Multiple tests and always reproduced the behavior.

Craig Hunt
Level 1
Level 1

Hoping someone else can weigh in.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: