cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUACA Presence integration when using email directory URI

davethehedgehog
Level 5
Level 5

In my environment my users are using directory URI as their ID within Jabber, which is synced with mail id. The mailID prefix does not equal the sAMAccountName  I'm trying to set up the CUPS integration with CUACA, but I've come across a problem/bug/lack of support

If I add the mailID as the Cisco Presence field, it gets replaced with the mailID with the suffix, so in the subscribe I see..

joe.bloggs@foobar.com -> joe.bloggs@foobar.com@foobar.com

If I leave the proxy domain blank I get

joe.bloggs@foobar.com -> joe.bloggs@foobar.com@192.168.0.1

Is there a way to stop CUACA from adding the suffix automatically?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to drop the domain on current version on CUAC. DirectoryURI is planned for future version. One way this could work is to map the "User Profile" attribute in CUAC to a field in AD that has the front portion of the email without the domain part.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Md Hasan
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is no way to drop the domain on current version on CUAC. DirectoryURI is planned for future version. One way this could work is to map the "User Profile" attribute in CUAC to a field in AD that has the front portion of the email without the domain part.

Thanks for this. That's the way we've gone. We've set mailNickname to be that first portion and used that. It's a bit of a pain though as they'll need to be aware to populate that for all new users. So we'll eagerly await directory URI support.