cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBAC -- Caller ID on External Call Transfer

cooperben
Level 1
Level 1

I am receiving complaints that external, transferred calls from the Operator using CUBAC are not showing the original Caller ID/Number on the users' phones.  After testing, I see that the Console Service Port directory number is what is displayed, e.g. an internal extension as designated in the CUBAC server, (I did label these service lines as 'Operator Transfer.')  However, the desired behavior would be for the person receiving the call to see the original, external number of the call on their phones, even if after a brief display of the 'Operator Transfer' number.

I have already changed the Call Manager service's clusterwide paramteter, 'Always Display Original Calling Number on Transfer from Cisco Unity.'  This works for transfers out of VM, but what about Operator transfer using CUBAC?  We want the users to see the Caller ID of who originally called into the queue.  Is there another parameter here that I need to change?  I've scanned them all, but nothing jumped out.  There are a lot though, so I may have missed something.  Thanks in advance.

CMBE 5000 v8.5.1

CUBAC 8.6.1.9

7940/7960 IP Phones

C3825 IOS (12.4) Gateway

18 Replies 18

Thanks Jamie!

Just wanted to let everyone know that the setting in Version 9 is under the advanced tab/button. Works like a charm.

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

I cannot find the registry on the AC 10.5 client. How can I show the original caller ID when the reception press the transfer to the others user?

BrianRoberson
Level 1
Level 1

Just to add a followup.  It is best to open up the registry in question on the client machine and do a blanket search for Direct Transfers.  Usually you will find the additional keys set incorrectly in the CU hive as a poster listed in the thread.  Also make sure you are logged out the console when doing this as the setting will revert if you are logged in.

This is what you can do if you want to get the external caller id

On the console > go to options > preferences > advanced > select "No Calls" 

this is will allow the call to bypass the CTI route point and allows the external call to directly hit the called number. I did the change and I was able to get it resolved. But the catch here is if the external call is not handled by the called party the external call will drop and there is no way the call will automatically connect back to Operator. Hope it make sense. 

This information can be found also in the User Guide for the CUAC 11, page 41/82:

>> https://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucmac/cuaca/11_0_2/user_guide/eng/CUACA110201CUG_eng.pdf