cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUBE matching multiple inbound dial-peers - Help!

YAP51
Level 1
Level 1

Hello

I need help with inbound dial-peer matching where I have two dial-peers inbound from cucm (see attached diagram & config). I can get this working if I shutdown either dial-peer 401 or 402 but when both are active 402 always gets selected for both standard +xx.T calls or +888.T calls.

Can you please check my config to see where I am going wrong on dial-peer 401 always matches number without +888 and forward out via 601 and all calls with +888 prefix match via 402 to go out via 602.

Thanks 

3 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Check this excellent document for details on how to dial peer matching works and what you could do to achieve what you ask for. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html

Response Signature

View solution in original post

As @Roger Kallberg  mentioned incoming uri via 1000 is configured on both 401 and 402 which has preference 1.

Response Signature

Great to hear that you got it to work and thank you for your update on this.

Response Signature

10 Replies 10

Both of the dial peers you want to use as inbound match on this.

incoming uri via 1000

This has higher preference than the match with the E164 pattern map. Match on Via header is the first match criteria and match on a E164 map is the sixth match criteria. You would need to change this.

Response Signature

Check this excellent document for details on how to dial peer matching works and what you could do to achieve what you ask for. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice/ip-telephony-voice-over-ip-voip/211306-In-Depth-Explanation-of-Cisco-IOS-and-IO.html

Response Signature

Also your dial peers have more configuration then needed for the functionality that you seem to want to use them for as they would work for both inbound and outbound direction. If this is not your intention you should rework them from ground up to get each of them to be used in one specific direction.

Response Signature

Thank you Roger for quick reply, I have definitely overlooked the URI match, will look in it and come back...and yes, DPs are just copies and have more config than needed, used for a quick PoC... will be cleaned up. 

To keep the configuration crisp and clean is of essence, especially for PoC’s as that’s where you have the best chance to lay the ground work for how to configure things when it’s later goes into production. This would be my advice for you in this case. Don’t just copy things and use them without any thoughts about if it’s suitable or not. This would down the line be quite hard to maintain in a consistent manner.

Response Signature

sound advice Roger!  removed the URI match and all worked like a charm!  now streamlined it so only need one in/out pair for standard calls and one just for prefix route...

Thanks again guys for great help!

Great to hear that you got it to work and thank you for your update on this.

Response Signature

As @Roger Kallberg  mentioned incoming uri via 1000 is configured on both 401 and 402 which has preference 1.

Response Signature

I was expecting if both have same uri match then it should move to next option of pattern match... but I will test this and come back. Thanks.

Normally as soon as there is a match it ignores any other match that you possibly have defined. If you have multiple equal matches on dial peers, as you do, the tie breaker will be the order of the dial peers was added.

If you'd want to use multiple items to match dial peers you should have a look at this document that outline how this could be achieved. https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/ios-xml/ios/voice/cube/configuration/cube-book/inbound-hdr-for-outbound.html

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: