cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 11.5 scheduled backups occasionally failing

bradatbcass
Level 1
Level 1

Hi, I've seen similar questions asked here but thought I would start a new discussion as I haven't seen an answer. 

We have CUC in High Availability cluster and occasionally backups on the Publisher fail. Manual backups always work but approximately 50% of the time a scheduled backup will fail.

I've taken DRF traces through RTMT and from what I can tell, on a failed backup the ELM component will complete but then the process just seems to stop. On a success this component will run and then the rest of the selected components will continue as normal (see attached - compare1). There are no errors in the ELM log when the backups fail

I've done a comparison on the Event Viewer logs for a failure and a success and the logs are identical. 

In the DRF Traces, the drfLA and the drfMA00012 logs are identical (compared side by side with Code Compare). On a successful backup, a third file is generated (drfMA00013). 

Where else can I look to see what's going on? None of the logs generated through RTMT (DRF Local and DRF Master, Event Viewer Application and Event Viewer System) show any errors and in fact are identical between a failure and a success. When the backup is successful additional files are generated but I'm at a loss to tell why the process sometimes fails after the ELM component

Thanks all,

0 Replies 0
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: