Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 7.1(3b) - 'set cuc ldapfilter .....'

david.kelsen
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We're looking to filter our LDAP directory in CUC 7.1(3b) to only pull in accounts where the 'ipPhone' field contains something (or is not null).

We've been able to successfully implement this in CUCM, so that our Corporate Directory only lists AD accounts with the ipPhone field populated.

According to guides we've found online the command from CLI is, 'set cuc ldapfilter {insert filter}'

The syntax we're trying to use is:

set cuc ldapfilter '(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(ipPhone=*))'

The problem is that the CUC CLI removes the ampersand (&) from the beginning of the string, so we end up with the following if we paste in the above filter:

set cuc ldapfilter '((objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(ipPhone=*))'

Has anyone successfully implemented LDAP filtering in CUC, if so can you please post a sample syntax?

Or, does anyone know how to type/enter an ampersand (&) in CUC CLI?

22 Replies 22

Hi Aaron,

Thanks  for all your help. I figured out the issue and rectificed my SQl query

see the output  from CUCM CLI:

admin:run sql select * from ldapfilter where tkldapserver=1
pkid                                 tkldapserver filter                                                                                                                                                             
==================================== ============ ================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
c8b4c680-ead1-43c0-a264-27da8142c539 1            (&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(|(telephonenumber=2*)(telephonenumber=3*)( telephonenumber=4*)(telephonenumber=5*)(telephonenumber=6*)(telephonenumber=7*)( telephonenumber=8*)))
admin:

what would be my next  step  is my CUCM ready to import users per this filter. what else do i need to setup in CUCM.

there seems to be not a document available to describer the steps on cisco.com

anyway

thanks for your help !!

Hi

It's not documented on Cisco.com as it's not supported. Version 8 allows you to do this via the GUI, which is supported.

Take a look at this post and the article that Bill wrote : https://supportforums.cisco.com/message/3047630?tstart=0

Basically if all is well you need to restart the DirSync service for the change to take effect, and then do a resync.

Regards

Aaron

Please rate helpful posts and mark answered questions that you've got a satisfactory response from to help identify useful content in the forums...
https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-6212

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Hi Aaron,

Thanks for your help yesterdday.

I have one more questions maybe you can help.

I needed to create a LDAP query so that i can search users with telephone no  starting with 5 and any four digits. my current query states 5* and this will match 5 and any no of digits. Do you have any idea how to do this. here is my sql query for your  refrence

filter ='(&(objectclass=user)(!(objectclass=Computer))(!(UserAccountControl:1.2.840.113556.1.4.803:=2))(|(telephonenumber=2*)(telephonenumber=3*)(telephonenumber=)( telephonenumber=4*)(telephonenumber=5*)(telephonenumber=6*)(telephonenumber=7*)( telephonenumber=8*)))' where tkldapserver=1"/>

Hi

Try using nested greater than/less thans... I seem to recall doing this at some point but not really in a position to test:

Regards

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

Thanks Aaron,

Can you check if below query is good to match dial range XXXX.

This runs fine from command prompt as well as CLI but I don’t see any user imported in CUCM while when I used expression ))(|(telephonenumber=2))) it worked cannot match my entire dial range.

)))' where tkldapserver=1"/>

Thannks

Hi

You can't insert regular expressions to LDAP filters...

The best way to deal with this would be one of these:

1) Ensure that the information in the directory is correct - if the 'longer than 5-digit' extensions aren't correct, correct them. Make them numbers that are diallable properly, there's no point them being in the LDAP directory if they aren't correct.

2) Use an alternate field (i.e. ipPhone) and populate that with the 'checked' extensions. Your LDAP people should be able to put together a script very easily that simply reads each telephoneNumber, and if correct inserts to ipPhone. You then import that.

Regards

Aaron

Hi Aaron,

I am sorry but I didn’t understand your last post correctly. Here is something that we can do.

How do I create a query to search users whose phone numbers starts with 20000 and ends with 79999. I guess if I can create this and implement this will solve my issue.

Last night I executes another query ( using regular expressions) it didn’t error when executing but it isn’t working.

Please see if you have any idea how to create a query for numbers starting with 20000 and ending with 79999

Thanks

Satish

Hi

You can insert ANYTHING into the ldapfilter table; it will accept it and will not validate it. All that will happen is that your LDAP syn won't work, as the filter returns no results. You should test the filter first against your LDAP server - if it's AD, then in AD Users & Computers do a 'custom' search and paste in the filter text.

What I'm saying is that I don't think it's possible to match a range of numbers - you can match the first characters (e.g. telephonenumber=8*) but you can't match based on digit length or number range.

I think you need to investigate why the telephonenumbers in the LDAP directory are not consistent to start with.

Regards

Aaron