cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 8.5.1 IMAP - LDAP Authentication

pingaunis
Level 1
Level 1

I have Unity Connection 8.5.1. It is setup for LDAP Sync. It's set to use LDAP Authentication for users. The passwords and search bases are correct becasue I can authenticate for inbox/PCA and admin. It's using SSL and I have changed the Server information to the host name to match the certificate installed. There are no custom filters.

I am trying to get CUPC Voicemail configured and it keeps telling me credentials are rejected.

I connect to IMAP using telnet <server ip> 143

attempting to login using 02 login username password

it returns 02 NO Logon Failure: unknown user or incorrect password.

If I create a user not linked to ldap I can login with username and web password.

I have even restarted the servers after changing ldap server to hostname.

The LDAP user has the same COS that is assigned to non-ldap user that I am able to log in with.

Any other suggestions?

1 Accepted Solution
10 Replies 10

Thank you. I will bring this to the TAC engineer I'm working with. It lacks enough information to try to confirm or any workarounds. We'll see what he says.

Sounds good.

pingaunis
Level 1
Level 1

It appears that resolution is upgrade to 8.6. If IMAP still isn't working at least than I can use the workaround instructions.

Upgraded to 8.6.2. Performed the workaround steps. Authentication still failing. Looking for some more answers. Currently I am trying to obtain the ldap logs to see if Unity Connection tried to perform the ldap authentication and what the results were.

Are you licensed for IMAP?

Yes.

License Count Licensed Seats For Feature Name Value Used Unused Cluster Limit

Users with voice mailboxes LicSubscribersMax 2374 11 2373 2384

Users with IMAP or Single Inbox access to voice messages LicIMAPSubscribersMax 20000 2 20008 20010

Were you able to get resolution on this?

My Sysadmins decided to change the LDAP account password and since then I am having the same problem.

Shouldnt be the bug listed above as I am on 7.1.5 for CUCM/CUC (8.5.4 for CUPS).

Anyone fix this?  Running CUC 8.6.  The usual "utils os secure permissive" does not fix it on LDAP users.

Nevermind, something was different about my test users.  Other users worked fine.