Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 8.5 message notification outdial

allenelson
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All

I've setup message notification to my cellular device for my user extension. The default outdials and transfers were changed to allow a 9 plus the 11 digit number. DTMF relay is turned on for the CCM dial peer on the h323 gateway.

When a message is left, unity dials my cellular phone, but when i'm prompted to enter my pin it ignores the dtmf. I think I've confirmed the dtmf is there through an asn1 debug:

value MultimediaSystemControlMessage ::= indication : userInput : signal :

{

signalType "A"

duration 100

}

Has anyone else run into this? Not sure what the problem might be. Codec for CUC is set to mulaw and the dial-peer to CCM has mulaw as its preference.

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Allen,

Is it possibly this bug;

CSCtt15340 - CUC breaks voicemail phone notification conversation

Description

Symptom:

Customer adds ES60 to existing CUC 8.5.1 and then phone notification for new voicemail breaks. It calls the site, person answers, gets the notification conversation, enters pin per conversation request, times out, CUC either requests the pin again or says DISCONNECTED and hangs up.

This issue is there on other CUC version also.

Conditions:

CUC 8.5.1 with ES60 just added.

Details

1st Found-in:                          (1)

Fixed

Last Modified:

Feb 13,2012

Fixed-in:                          (9)

9.0(0.96000.23), 9.0(0.96000.223), 9.0(0.83), 8.6(4.3)

8.6(3.98000.122), 8.6(2.21011.1), 8.6(2)ES16

8.5(1.14046.1), 8.5(1)ES72

Less

Product:

Cisco Unity Connection

Platform:

Dependent

Severity:

2 - severe

Customer Reported:                          (17)

Cheers!

Rob

I'm not familiar with ES60? Could you enlighten me?

I thought I pinned this down to the ISDN channel but was incorrect. For some reason on CUC or mobility calls, the channel selection is descending instead of ascending. I hard coded the serial interface for ascending but came up with the same thing after verifying the call was on channel 2 instead of 23.

Mobility calls were doing weird things as well, which is why I thought this might be a part of the problem.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Allen,

ES60 stands for Engineering Special 60. This bug is still listed as open in

build versions up to and including;

8.5.1.13900-5

From cli;

show cuc version

should tell us what you are running.

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074295/55463/851su3cucrm.pdf

Cheers!

Rob

The build is a lower value. I'll update the CCM and CUC and see how goes. Thanks!

allenelson
Level 1
Level 1

I've upgraded the CCM and CUC to 8.6.2.21900-5 and still the same scenario. Any thoughts? I'm thinking it has something to do with the actual outdialing or perhaps the way it accesses the CCM.