cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC 8.6 back up

omgjames1
Level 1
Level 1

I am currently trying to backup my new CUC 8.6 server. I have tried the following FTP clients...

Filezilla

Core FTP

MSFTP

CGYNWIN

and the following sections do not backup.

Connection_messages_unitymbxdb1

Connection_database

the other sections backup fine.

Any thoughts?

5 Replies 5

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

It's not an FTP-based backup (FTP with SSL is FTPS). This is SFTP; also known as SCP since it happens over SSH.

The DRS guide offers a few options for software. Some applications, most notoriously FreeFTPd, cannot accept files in excess of 1GB. Of the files the database and mail store are most likely to grow that large.

I used the titan demo and it worked. Has anybody used anything different that was freeware?

FreeFTPd

Michael

the white paper says that FreeFTPd cannot support files over 1gb. Are you using this today?

Ive experieced trouble with FreeFTPd with UC apps especially Connections since its easy for files to reach 1gb. Ive heard CopSSH https://www.itefix.no/i2/copssh works well and is fairly inexpensive. Not sure about actual freeware besides cygwin which is a pain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: