Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Call transfer to external call just hearing hold

Hi everyone,

I'm running CUC 9.1.2 + CUCM 9.1.2. I want to be able to call a external number dialing 3333 from AutoAtendant (System Call Handler).

Translating Pattern 3333 is transferring the call to a International Number.

Here the issue:

If I call to CUC internally, then dial 3333, call is transfered to International number (Call complete)

If I call to CUC externally (calling from PSTN), the dial 3333, call is put on hold forever (Call doesn't complete).

On CUC:

All Restriction rules has been disabled.

Allow Transfers to Numbers Not Associated with Users or Call Handlers is Enabled.

On CUCM

CUC's CSS can reach Translation Pattern 3333

Gateway can reach International number.

Any ideas?

Regards

Deepak Mehta
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Leo,

Is it SIP or SCCP integration for CUCM and unity ?is it SIP or H323 GW?

Do you see the call reaching to the gateway in second scenario?

If yes then paste the debug output ,for both working and nonworking.

Otherwise if it not reaching to gateway then we may need to check on CUCM logs where it is getting blocked etc?

heathrw
Level 4
Level 4

Could be a caller ID issue.

Update the translation pattern to your cell/mobile then call CUC from an internal extension see what the caller ID is. If it appears as the internal number that called CUC that could why it works internally. Update the Calling Party Mask on the 3333 translation then test from a different external number.

If you have a SCCP integration you could update the External Phone number mask on all the VM ports make them all the same but a valid internal full number.

Deepak Rawat
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since you have not mentioned what type of integration is there b/w CM and CUC hence if it is SIP, then please check if the SIP trunk's Rerouting CSS had the partition of the Route Pattern to the PSTN number. If the call is transferred via a CTI RP/Translation pattern - The voicemail port/SIP trunk must have access to it and the CSS of CTI RP/Translation pattern must have the partition of the RP to the PSTN number.

Regards

Deepak

Hi Deepak,

Integration b/w CM and CUC is skinny. Voicemail port's CSS has the partition of the Tralastion Patter. 

I think it could be something related with the gateway, because remember I mentioned that If I call from a internal phone, the call is transfer correctly.

Gateway is running SIP.

Any idea?

Regards