cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC external callers cannot reach call handler

Mathew Varghese
Level 1
Level 1

Configured call handler in Unity Connection for providing authentication for Meet-Me users, doc reference below

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-callmanager/118722-configure-cucm-00.html

Internal extensions can reach the call handler, external callers are not able to reach this call handler, instead reaching Unity Connection Opening reaching as "Hello: Cisco Unity Connection Messaging System. From a touch..............."

Setup as below :

Call From GSM number to Meet-Me Translation Pattern number (DID)> H.323 GW > CUCM Translation pattern converting DID to CTI route point number (7508) > CTI route point (7508) to forwarding to Unity Connection > Unity Connection Call handler with extension 7508 for user authentication > Opening greeting instead of User authentication prompts

Can I change this behavior and make external users invoke CUC authentication ?

-regads

2 Replies 2

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Mathew,

I'm guessing the internal users are dialing the Call handler 7508 directly but the external callers would be dialing the DID @ XXXX? If that is the case you could either set the call handler as the DID number directly or set up a Forwarded routing rule on Unity Connection that says that any call directed/forwarded from DID XXXX to Unity Connection should be routed to the call handler @ 7508.

Cheers!

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for looking into the issue, the behavior was like this because my Unity Sub was out of sync with Primary and running in Split Brain condition.

I ran the Port monitor tool to find the exact CUC routing rule conditions as per your post and eventually came to know that ports are not picked by the tool even though I could hear Unity answering external callers.  That made me to check the cluster status and eventually found the above situation.  CSS in the CUC SIP trunk made internal calls answered by Primary CUC and external calls answered by secondary CUC who have no idea what was happening on Primary.

CUC Sub was removed from Voicemail Route Group and feature tested fine.

Thanks

Mathew