Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Help

silvakizir
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys.

I have an integration between CUCM and CUC via SCCP. I want to create an Auto Attendant and let some users have Voice Mail.

Let's say that the Companys central number is xxxxxxxx900. So I've created a Voice Mail Pilot with 900 with a Hunt Pilot 900 that has all Voice Mail Ports. I've also created Forward Routing Rule and Call Handlers in CUC. So when I dial 900 I can hear the Auto Attendant perfectly. My problem is that when I press the Message button in the phone I can also hear the AA and NOT the "Enter you PIN followed by pound even if the phone where I do this has a user which is in the CUC.

What am I doing wrong? I thought that if the user is in the CUC he should enter the Voice Mail.

Thank you.

2 Replies 2

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You're doing this completely backwards, you add your AA once you have your basic CUC-CUCM integration working fine, not by creating everything dedicated to an AA, and using the same for regular users.

Follow the CUCM-CUC integration guides, configure your VM profile and everything that is needed, once you have that running, see here

https://youtu.be/mAOpv3vlKpw

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Valencia Thank you for your answer.

I just watched your videos and I saw that you created a VM-Profile for Voice Mail with Extension 4000 and a CTI Route Point for AA with Extension 4100.

I just found a way to resolve my issue. I have only created a VM-Profile with Extension 900 which is the central line and I've added a condition in the Direct Routing Rule where I say match only if Calling Number is equal to 900. This way every other extension-device can reach the Voice Mail and only if someone calls from the PSTN number 900 hears the AA.

Is this way wrong? Why should I create a CTI Route point and do it like your way? Can you please explain me the pros and cons?

Thank you in advance!