cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC Sub not taking calls

GaryButler2393
Level 1
Level 1

We have had an intermittent issue where users cannot access their voicemail and incoming calls forwarded to voicemail just ring without answer. After looking into the failed calls it became apparent the issue is with the subscriber. All the VM Ports are registered ok but the subscriber is not answering the calls.

For now I have stopped the Sub taking calls and users are not seeing any issues.

When I look at service management the Sub is showing a number of services  such as Connection Message Transfer Agent as deactivated although if I look from the cli with utils service list that service shows as started. Is that expected behaviour when running in HA? Any ideas what might be causing the Sub to stop responding to calls?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

Thanks.

4 Replies 4

CUC integrations is it SIP or SCCP.

if SCCP do you have ports configured for both primary and secondary CUC.

Response Signature

It is a SCCP integration. Yes, their are ports configured for both CUC servers and the Sub ports were registered ok.

Scott Leport
Level 7
Level 7

Hi Gary,

Can you check if you have the same language packs / locales on the Unity Connection Subscriber and that they match up with what's on the Unity Publisher? I have seen an issue like this occur before when the locales were missing from the Subscriber.

In the end we rebooted the Sub as we could see no obvious issues and it has been working fine ever since....one of those ones