Views
Helpful
Replies

CUC upgrade 10.5.2SU2 to 10.5.2SU2a

Michael Schmidt
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I just installed on the CUC publisher the update to 10.5.2SU2a and want to switch the version but I get this error ->

Switching Version and Restarting the Appliance ...

Switch version duration can vary depending on the database size
and platform configuration.  Please continue to monitor the
switchover process from here.

Waiting ...............

Operation failed

ERROR: Sync after switch version failed

Active Master Version: 10.5.2.12900-14
Inactive Master Version: 10.5.2.12901-1

I already did a utils dbreplication stop on the Pub and tried again the swtich-version but with the same error.

There are no locales installed on the system at the moment.

How can I resolve thhis problem.

BR

Michael

7 Replies 7

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Did you receive any errors during the upgrade process??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

No and the end message was the the update was successfully installed.

Anthony Holloway
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Similar problem for me too.

Except I was going from a fresh install of 10.5(2) to 10.5(2)SU2a (zero configuration in CUC at this time), and it hung for at least 30 minutes on the switch version after the successful upgrade.  I entered the command to switch version manually and then I saw the error you posted.  I might have to start over unless there's an easier way.

EDIT: This is an HA cluster.

Hi Anthony, I have exactly the same issue on a fresh install, same versions, what did you do to resolve it?

I chose to rebuild both servers and start over, versus messing with dbreplication or opening a TAC case.  It worked the second time around, and I did not change my procedure:

1. Install Pub

2. Install Sub

3. Upgrade but do not switch version on Pub

4. Upgrade but do not switch version on Sub

5. Switch version on Pub

6. Switch version on Sub

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Is there only one server in the cluster?  If there are 2 you need to run the install on both before you perform switch on the publisher.

Thanks Chris, thats what sorted it for me, I had only upgraded the 1 server and tried the switch, upgraded sub and then the switch worked fine.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: