cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI-Lync 8.5 9971 IP Phone

Michael All
Level 1
Level 1

I have a couple 9971 IP phones attached to PCs with CUCI-Lync running and they can no longer drag and drop a contact and have the call initiated from the phone. They can initiate the call from the PC but that's not what they are looking for. Can someone help clear this up for me. Guessing it may be a compatibility issue with the 9971. When I put back in place their 7942, it works as expected.

Thanks in advance.

Michael All

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

That sounds bizar, I would expect this to work with either phone model (or none). When you drag/drop it passes on the email address to the plugin to do a lookup in the ldap/outlook/cache/... for the details of that user and then to dial the user. At least that is how it used to work with cucimoc. So when you dial directly from the plugin it does work ok with the 9971? If so it might be easiest to open a TAC case for this so we can investigate the problem report.

If on the 9971 there is webcam attached, you may want to try without.

Also make sure you tested with latest version available: 8.5(2)

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

That sounds bizar, I would expect this to work with either phone model (or none). When you drag/drop it passes on the email address to the plugin to do a lookup in the ldap/outlook/cache/... for the details of that user and then to dial the user. At least that is how it used to work with cucimoc. So when you dial directly from the plugin it does work ok with the 9971? If so it might be easiest to open a TAC case for this so we can investigate the problem report.

If on the 9971 there is webcam attached, you may want to try without.

Also make sure you tested with latest version available: 8.5(2)

If you dial directly from the CUCI plug-in, it will make the call from the PC and not the Phone. The employees want to be able to have the calls initiated from the phone and not the PC. We did remove the webcam from the phone and tried this and we still had the same result. We also did test this with 8.5(2) as well.

Also, if they try to iniate a Video call from CUCI it will not work, but if the call is made from the 9971 then the webcam will work from the phone but not on the PC screen.

Thoughts?

Mike

It was actually that the phone device in CallManage was not associated to the user. Once it was, they were able to control the phone through the PC.

Thanks!

Mike

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: