cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI-Lync 9.2 with CUCM 8.6 - Deskphone (CTI) mode issue.

Lucky19th
Level 1
Level 1

We have in Production the 8.5 version of Cuci-Lync working fine with our CUCM version 8.6.2

I am looking to upgrade the CUCI-Lync to version 9.2 which according to the documentation is compatible with CUCM version 8.6.2

However, I cannot get the CUCI-lync to operate in the deskphone mode. And in the documentation, it refers to adding a CTI service from User Management > US=ser Settings > UC Service, which is not available in CUCM 8.6.

Can anyone assist in explaining this to me or am I missing something very simple here ?

Thanks in Advance

Naushad

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The UC Services are a CUCM 9.0 feature. In 8.x these existed within CUPS under Applications > CUPC/Jabber > CTI Gateway and Profile. Other things that frequently cause this to break: 1) deskphone not associated to your end user object; 2) primary extension not set; 3) standard cti enabled and standard ccm end users group membership missing; 4) the IP/FQDN of the CTI Gateway is not a CUCM node running CTI Manager.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

The UC Services are a CUCM 9.0 feature. In 8.x these existed within CUPS under Applications > CUPC/Jabber > CTI Gateway and Profile. Other things that frequently cause this to break: 1) deskphone not associated to your end user object; 2) primary extension not set; 3) standard cti enabled and standard ccm end users group membership missing; 4) the IP/FQDN of the CTI Gateway is not a CUCM node running CTI Manager.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Hi Jonathan,

Thanks for the tips, It was number 4 which fixed the issue. It was for some reason point at the PUB on which I Don't have the CTI service running.

Can you advice if I can deploy CUCI-Lync version 9.2.3 using registry key options as was able to with version 8.5?

I don't have CUPS or presence server in my environment as such.

N

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: