Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCI Lync Windows Password Lockout

Damian Heavey
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

We have a deployment of CUCI Lync 8.5.3. CUCM is AD integrated and everything works after a lot of registry tweaking. A problem that I have encountered is that whenever a user resets their AD password CUCI Lync carrys on trying to use the old password and eventually the account is locked out. There are 2 places where we have to enter the password, one to login to the Cisco UC plugin, and second under Cisco UC Options > Accounts > directories (we cannot dial anyone from LDAP unless this directory password is set).

I have found a registry tweak that is supposed to fix this (Shown below), however I have added the registry key and changed my password but I get no notification when I change my password and I am still being locked out. It seems strange that they are referring to a non existent key in the registry.

Would anybody please be able to advise me on the following:

Is the registry location shown below correct?

Is there a way to force CUCI Lync to use the same credentials for LDAP as for logging into the client?

Also if anybody has any experience of the same issues it would be great if you could share how you resolved them.

Many thanks

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/release/cucimocReleaseNote.html#wp264639

Account Lockout Prevention

Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Lync Release 8.5(3) introduces  measures to prevent user account lockup when passwords have been changed  during a user session. These measures are triggered when the registry  setting EnableActiveDirectoryLockoutPolicy contains the value 1. This value is located in the registry at HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Policies\Cisco Systems, Inc.\Unified Communications\CUCIMOC. It is a String value.

When this registry value is set and a password change occurs during a  user session, a popup window is displayed to the user the next time  credentials are required. The popup informs the user their current  credentials are invalid and prompts them for a valid user name and  password. Invalid credentials are deleted from the application and  cannot be retrieved.

1 Reply 1

SCOTT VOLL
Level 1
Level 1

did you ever figure this out?  i'm also on 8.5.3 and every time I try to log in.... it just sets there.  It is not locking my AD account so I figure it must be the same issue.

and as for the reg location.... I have no Cisco stuff under my policies.

Scott

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: