cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CuciLync 9.2 - Stuck Presence

stilesinfotech
Level 1
Level 1

We are starting to deploy CuciLync 9.2 for use with Lync 2010 and 2013.

Its leaps and bounds better than 8.5, but i have a very strange problem that i cannot explain other than its a bug that Cisco hasnt realized yet.

When the phone line is picked up, the presence status is changing to "On the Phone" which is great, however, sometimes it sticks to "On the Phone" even when you are not. I can duplicate this by picking up the phone, and hanging it back up quickly. The presence then sticks to "On the Phone". I've tried everything under the sun, but to no avail.

Could this be a bug? Its starting to frustrate my users so I'm holding off on deploying any further.

Any help would be appreciated.

13 Replies 13

stilesinfotech
Level 1
Level 1

Is anyone else using CuciLync 9.2 that can try to duplicate this for me?

Hey we are also using CuciLync 9.2 and it looks like that we have the same issue.

Sometimes the Lync stucks on Away or on the Phone.

We are currently facing the issue only in the combination of Lync Client 2013 and CuciLync 9.2 - it looks like that we do not have that issue with Lync Client 2010 and CUCILync 9.2

Also it looks like that we have an issue with the Call and Call with Edit function under the Internet Explorer 8 9 and 10.

What combination you are unsing? Lync Client 2010 oder Lync Client 2013 with CuciLync 9.2?

we currently only have swapped some clients from us.

Regards,

Daniel

Hey Daniel -

I have a mixture of Lync 2010 and 2013 deployed, with the same stuck presence issue on both versions. We too have the issue of using the "Place a Call" inside of Lync, causing CuciLync to crash immediatly. Again, both 2010 and 2013 have this issue.

I hope there is a fix to this soon :/

did you seen, that there is a new version 9.2.2 since 27.07.2013? I will give that version a try... and let you know

We have the same issue.  By changing the C:\Program Files (x86)\Cisco Systems\CUCILync\custompresence.xml from:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<customStates>
  <customState
    ID="1"
    availability="Busy">

to

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<customStates>
  <customState
    ID="1"
    availability="Online">

It helps, but it is not a real fix.  I already submited a TAC support ticket; and they have filed a bug report.

Let me know if you have any progress on this.

Hi all,

We have the same issue with Lync 2013 and Cucilync 9.2.5. Lync status stays on away, or changes from avialable to busy without sense, or does not update status after a meeting. It only with happens with Cucilync installed.

Does someone knows if its a bug reported for that? Any ideas for this?

Thanks for your help!

Hi all

Was anyone able to solve this?

Thanks

Tino

I contacted with Cisco and showed me this bug: CSCul94876

The best part is workaround: "user has to manually change the presence state". Very useful.... And bug appears solved...

Nevertheless, with this information from Cisco that this bug will be solved in next update, version 9.7.2 that will be released this month... or should be released. I am waiting for this version to be realized ASAP.

Regards,

very helpful - thank you very much.

Hi

testing with CuciLync 9.7.4 shows that not all Lync 2013 are working with presence status correctly, but 5.0.4641.1000 from KB2881070 are working.

Hi all,

Has someone resolved the problem with 9.7.4 version? Initially in my company seems that stuck status problem was resolved, but now problems with a few users in Lynk 2010 stuck presence in away has appeared.

I do not have enough clients installed to determine the root of the problem, if its a Lynk 2010/2013 problem or it is the Cucilynk for its own.

It would be nice to hear from your experience with this versio,

Regards,

I can confirm odd status behavior.

Running Lync 2013 (15.0.4659.1001) with CuciLync 9.7.4 Build 716

My Lync status doesn't change while I'm on a phone call but as soon as I hang up my status changes to Away. :(

Thanks

Matt McAuley
Level 1
Level 1

I am running 9.7(4) ES1  which does not change presence status when in a call using either Softphone or deskphone mode.

I have also tried both Lync 2010 and 2013 Clients.

Has anyone had this issue?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: