Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILYNC and Webex integration

littledavewhite
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All

I have client with CUCM 8.5 and integration with CUCI LYNC 2010. They want to use the start meeting option. Does anybody know if this can be integrated directly with WEBEX cloub based services. The client does not want to use Meetingplace 8 with WEBEX node for MCS.

Regards

Dave White

CCIE#13955

5 Replies 5

diego.achaval
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

How are you?

Did you get any answer on this matter?

Cheers.

Diego.

Hi,

From the following release notes

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/release/cucimocReleaseNote.html#wp64340

I see this

Note Cisco WebEx Meeting Center is only supported when integrated with Cisco Unified MeetingPlace using MeetingPlace scheduling. This is formerly known as type 1 integration. WebEx scheduling, that is, type 2 integration, is not supported.

So only Type 1 should work not Type 2.

HTH,

Christos

gg_robinson
Level 1
Level 1

Dave,

In the absence of an ability to leverage the 'Start Meeting' option with WebEx, did you find a way to remove the "Start Meeting" option from the Lync interface??

Regards

Graham

You might find this useful.. its the response I got from TAC

In regards to the Start Meeting option you can remove it by removing the following registry key:

The button is controlled by the following registry key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Communicator\SessionManager\Apps\{083BA02E-B5BF-462e-B5FC-4C05C5F00EC9}]

But if you run a cucilync repair it will put it back in the system. This is not a long term fix there is already a couple of Enhancement defects open to address the need to add this feature. The Bug Id’s are CSCtn68557 and CSCth75115.

So, at this point there is no permanent fix.

Hey All...

I've checked the details on both Bug Ids however the registry keys nominated dont seem to exist.

I'm using CUCILync 8.5(5) with Windows 7 and Lync 2010 v4.0.7577.0

Does anyone else have an idea how to remove the "Start Video Call" or "Start Meeting"

Thanks!

Regards,

Graham R.