Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILync long term plans?

kkhanis
Level 4
Level 4

Hi,

Would anyone know what Ciscos long term plans for CUCILync? Is this planned to be supported going forward e.g with Office 365 etc?

Thanks,

Kamran

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

hpaunet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kamran,

We about to release a new version of CUCI-Lync which will be version 9.2.  This version will support Lync 2013 and also support Office 365 as well.

FYI, CUCI-Lync version 8.6 supports Office 365 today.

Heather

Product Manager, Cisco Systems

View solution in original post

22 Replies 22

hpaunet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Kamran,

We about to release a new version of CUCI-Lync which will be version 9.2.  This version will support Lync 2013 and also support Office 365 as well.

FYI, CUCI-Lync version 8.6 supports Office 365 today.

Heather

Hi Heather,

Apologies, I just posted this to another thread as well.

Is there an expected release date?

Will it support SSO via OpenAM?

Are there any other changes?

Thanks,

Tim

Hi Tim,

CUCI-Lync version 9.2 is releasing this week and will be up on CCO any time now.

There is no SSO support via OpenAM in this version.

For a document with differences between this version and the last version, please contact your account team and ask them to get it from me.

Heather

Hi Heather,

One follow up question if I may: will Cisco have a preference RCC vs CUCILync in the medium to long term product roadmap?

Regards,

Kamran

RCC is definitely in the backburner for both Cisco and MSFT. If Jabber isn’t a play then Cisco recommends CUCI. MSFT on the other hand will position their enterprise voice as their primary strategy with CUCI and RCC as their secondary choices.

Thanks

Srini

Hi Heather,

Great info, I have customers wheree MS is telling them that there is no way they can perform any level of integration with Cisco when the client is on O365...., amazing!

Can you validate this has been certified?

Thanks!
Brian

Hi Brian, yes CUCI-Lync 9.2 can be deployed with Office 365. It's a client side integration so installs on the desktop alongside Lync.

Heather

Thanks Heather!

Hi,

One more quick question on this, the client installed version 9.2.1, Build 463, with Lync client version 15.0.4481.1000, and everything appears to “function”, but they cannot see the Cisco Telephony controls on the Lync client, so they would have to use the CUCI client to dial, any thoughts?

Thanks!

Brian

Brian Pagluiso

Sr. Solutions Architect

Message was edited by: Kelli Glass to remove private contact information.

Brian,

I recommend you post this type of question to either the Cisco Partner community, if you are asking on your client's behalf, or the Cisco Support Community (https://supportforums.cisco.com/index.jspa) where our Cisco technical support experts provide debugging assistance. Another option is to open a ticket with the Cisco Technical Assistance Center (www.cisco.com/go/support) to get expert debugging assistance.

We do encourage you to participate in the Cisco Collaboration Community and to also join our Cisco Collaboration User Group program!  In the community, we encourage your discussion/sharing around collaboration topics and Cisco Collaboration Solutions, including business and IT requirements, industry trends, process, culture/organization issues, how collaboration can be used to transform businesses, vendor selection, adoption, training, architecture, licensing, and product features/functionality. If you are a customer or partner, you can also join the user group program to be eligible for member-only events and influence product direction.

We hope to hear from you again.

Kelli Glass

Moderator for the Cisco Collaboration Community

Hello Heather,

Since there is no CUCI integration with CME, can you verify that via CTI CSTA protocol suite on CME 9.x that a Lync client on a user desktop can be used as a softphone off of CME?

Thanks!
Brian

With RCC you cannot do soft phone only click to call of desk phone

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/solutions/ns340/ns414/ns728/networking_solutions_products_genericcontent0900aecd805bd0ac.html

Thanks

Srini

Hi Srini,

I get that, but I am not talking about RCC, I am referring to the CTI CSTA protocol suite in CME, as noted below, it appears as though with this you can provide CME call control capabilities to MOC, correct?

"CTI CSTA in Cisco Unified CME  

The CTI CSTA Protocol Suite in Cisco Unified CME 8.0 and later versions provides third-party call-control capabilities for computer-based CSTA client applications, such as a Microsoft Office Communicator (MOC) client through Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) and applications created using the Cisco Unified CME CTI SDK, and enables click-to-dial from the application.

The CTI CSTA Protocol Suite in Cisco Unified CME 8.8 and later versions enables the dial-via-office functionality from the application."

Thanks,

Brian

RCC uses the CSTA protocol is what I am referring to for that C2C functionality

Thanks

Srini

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: