Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILync RCC and 9951/9971 Phones

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I seem to be struggling getting CUCILync able to use my 9951 desk phone to make calls, I have it working fine with a 7960. Can anyone suggest some ideas please?

I have my CUCI/CSF profile set up and associated with my end user account, it works fine. I have a device profile for my 7960, which is set as a controlled profile and I can control that using CUCILync. With my 9951 tethered to the same PC, it does not work and I too have that device profile associated with the end user account.

I have removed the camera, so all of the CAST status are green within CUCILync but still don't get the option to actually make a call using CUCILync. The keypad is 'greyed' out.

CUCI.JPG

Cheers,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

seantburke
Level 1
Level 1

Have you verified the group membership for the user's account in CUCM?  The 7960 only needs the Standard CTI Enabled group.  But if you have a 9900 series phone, you need the group listed in Step 6 below.

Step 6 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 or 8900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf group.

Step 7 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_servers.html#wp1054367

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

seantburke
Level 1
Level 1

Have you verified the group membership for the user's account in CUCM?  The 7960 only needs the Standard CTI Enabled group.  But if you have a 9900 series phone, you need the group listed in Step 6 below.

Step 6 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 or 8900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf group.

Step 7 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_servers.html#wp1054367

Hi Sean,

Thanks for that, it solved it.

Been dealing with 7900 phones that don't need the extra groups.

Cheers,

Mark