Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCILync RCC and 9951/9971 Phones

Mark H
Level 1
Level 1

Hi everyone,

I seem to be struggling getting CUCILync able to use my 9951 desk phone to make calls, I have it working fine with a 7960. Can anyone suggest some ideas please?

I have my CUCI/CSF profile set up and associated with my end user account, it works fine. I have a device profile for my 7960, which is set as a controlled profile and I can control that using CUCILync. With my 9951 tethered to the same PC, it does not work and I too have that device profile associated with the end user account.

I have removed the camera, so all of the CAST status are green within CUCILync but still don't get the option to actually make a call using CUCILync. The keypad is 'greyed' out.

CUCI.JPG

Cheers,

Mark

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

seantburke
Level 1
Level 1

Have you verified the group membership for the user's account in CUCM?  The 7960 only needs the Standard CTI Enabled group.  But if you have a 9900 series phone, you need the group listed in Step 6 below.

Step 6 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 or 8900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf group.

Step 7 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_servers.html#wp1054367

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

seantburke
Level 1
Level 1

Have you verified the group membership for the user's account in CUCM?  The 7960 only needs the Standard CTI Enabled group.  But if you have a 9900 series phone, you need the group listed in Step 6 below.

Step 6 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 9900 or 8900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Connected Xfer and conf group.

Step 7 If the phone of the user is a Cisco Unified IP Phone 6900 series model, also select the Standard CTI Allow Control of Phones supporting Rollover Mode group.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/config_servers.html#wp1054367

Hi Sean,

Thanks for that, it solved it.

Been dealing with 7900 phones that don't need the extra groups.

Cheers,

Mark

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: