cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC and MSFT Wav14 (CS2010)

hugh.marlor
Level 1
Level 1

Does anyone know what will happen to CUCIMOC with the release of Communications Server 2010 from MSFT later this year?  CS2010 will no longer support tabs that allow third party products install as "tabs" in the Office Communicator Client (MOC).  MSFT has removed this API and has a completely new method of third party application integration.

4 Replies 4

hpaunet
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Hugh,

CUCIMOC 8.0 which is our current shipping version does not use Tabs.

With regard to OCS 2010, Cisco plans to release CUCIMOC compatible with this version shortly after Microsoft releases.

Heather Paunet

Product Manager, Cisco Systems

mfratesi
Level 1
Level 1

Also note that Cisco is part of the Microsoft Technology Adoption Program for Communications Server and Communicator “14” and, as such, have had access to the development environment and API’s for some time now.  The removal of the “tab” interface will not be an issue.  Cisco’s plan is to deliver a first Cisco UC Integration for Microsoft Office Communicator release running on MCS/MC “14” shortly after Microsoft releases it.

Heather,

I apologize for asking for confirmation of this at the risk of offending you, but according to the training slides at https://communities.cisco.com/servlet/JiveServlet/previewBody/15573-102-1-26931/CUCIMOC80_TRAINING_SLIDES.pdf, CUCiMOC is presented in MOC using tabs. I might just be interpreting the information on the slide incorrectly, but I hope you will set me straight on that.

Thank you,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Sure, of course happy to answer further questions.

CUCIMOC 7.1 did indeed use tabs.  However, CUCIMOC 8.0 does not use tabs.

The slide deck in the link covers both CUCIMOC 7.1 and CUCIMOC 8.0 and I do see the word 'tab based' in the 8.0 sections. Likely this is because we kept the user experience very similar between the 7.1 and 8.0 versions so that it is an easy upgrade for our customers and many CUCIMOC users are not aware (and do not need to be aware) of the technlogies used. However, I can reconfirm for you that 8.0 is not using tabs.

Heather

Product Manager, Cisco Unified Communications

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: