Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC presence status not changing after a call

d.marsh
Level 4
Level 4

Hi community,

We have been playing about with CUCIMOC now for a while and some of the users have been complaining that the presence status after you terminate a call is not reset.

So you make or receive a call you're status goes busy (either from a hard phone or the soft phone) but sometimes (yes intermittently) when you terminate the call the presence on you MOC client stays busy and remains busy until user intervention to change it.

Has anyone else seen this behaviour?

Cheers

Dave

7 Replies 7

Shekhar Mahajan
Level 1
Level 1

Hey Dave,

Sorry i dont have an answer for you but do hope to gain some insight from you if you dont mind.

We are evaluating CUCIMOC as an interim solution to integrate our OCS R2 with Cisco IP Phones primarily so that users can use the existing OCS client to make PSTN bound calls.

Can you share with me:

1) Your satisfaction levels and recco on CUCIMOC and if its stable, reliable and bug free?

2) What was your motivation to go with CUCIMOC versus a direct SIP integration between CCM and OCS Frontend via the Mediation server

3) What are your future plans and if at all you wish to expand and invest more on Microsoft or Cisco telephony solution?

Appreciate your time and answers in advance.

Shekhar

HI Shekhar, I guess at the moment we are playing with it and running a trail internally. Yes the IT dept what to go down the whole SIP trunking thing with OCS but we as the Cisco side wanted to see CUCIMOC work and to be honest the voice quality from CUCIMOC over normal OSC audio in my honest opinion is better. I use both OCS and CUCIMOC audio calls over VPN as all users haven't got CUCIMOC yet and I never have an issue with the Cisco audio but the MS audio does break up. Anyway back to your questions: 1) Your satisfaction levels and recco on CUCIMOC and if its stable, reliable and bug free? Well apart from the presence status not changing which this point is about it is ok. I am told version 8 will be better as version 7 of CUCIMOC is not full featured, it doesn’t have the ability to do the mobility transfer to your remote destination on my current version. 2) What was your motivation to go with CUCIMOC versus a direct SIP integration between CCM and OCS Frontend via the Mediation server I am part of the Cisco UC support team and not the IT Dept. The IT dept are MS guys and they are pushing the whole SIP trunking for OCS but this is easy for us to back fill in as it takes no configuration on the OCS side just on the client PC and on CUCM, so what they don't have to configure they can't complain about. But I see it as a struggle to get MS types away from OCS only solution, if they had it there way we wouldn’t have phones on desks anymore.......  They also think SIP trunking is an MS only supported protocol which makes me laugh when they talk about Microsoft SIP trunking, and we just call it SIP trunking they think it is two different thing, haha... 3) What are your future plans and if at all you wish to expand and invest more on Microsoft or Cisco telephony solution? I think as a UC masters and a Microsoft reseller we will do both and that is where CUCIMOC fits so well you get the best of both worlds and don’t have to choose, maybe other more regulated companies like our customers will not go down that track as the costs do mount up but really from the customers I deal with Via Webex I can always see the MOC in the status bar and have a chat with them about CUCIMOC and as I am talking to the Cisco side they are always interested to hear about it. I always see that there will be an argument between any "telephony" or "network" teams that champion Cisco at our customers that don't agree with the "Microsoft", "exchange" or "OCS" teams that lead that product set so there will always be room for features and apps like CUCIMOC that does the integration at the PC level and allows the systems admins their own servers and equipment to administer and therefore keep their jobs, I guess there are companies out there that will want software based phones only but I think they are still in the minority and although there are desk based devices for OCS I think it is a ong way before the core customers throw out "traditional PBX's"  (is CUCM one of them I guess it is now....) Well you asked..... CheersDave

I hate it when you formulate a reply in a different window and then copy it in and all the formatting is lost, sorry that last post is so hard to read......

sorry about you loosing the formatting bit but the answers and responses were very close to what i was hoping for; so work well done and greatly appreciate all your time penning it down.

This would really help us.Wouldnt dilutely anymore of your thread and hope you get a solution/fix soon.

Best..SM

aj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Dave

I'm having the same issue. Did you already solve this issue?

Sorry aj no not yet, it's not a major issue for me at the moment so I haven;t put any real time into looking into it I thought I would see if anyone else has seen it with this post.

Hey Dave,

I've been reading through your post's and I have the same issues as you. My company has a Cisco phone system integrated into the PBX. We have just unrolled Microsoft Lync 2010 and we are at the pilot stage of the roll out.

It is my responsiblity for the roll out and the bug testing and I have found a lot of bugs.

This complaint that you have about the presence not going back to it's previous state is one of the bugs on my bug list and I too have been searching for an answer everywhere but there seems to be none out there at the minute. The closest I've found to an answer is this link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucimoc/8_5/english/installguide/troubleshooting.html#wp1055829

However it is not that good.

I'll keep an eye on your post here for a divintive answer to this problem but if you get some elsewhere please repost it here so we can see how you fixed it.

Cheers and Thank you.

Stephen