Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 migration using Prime collaboration Deployment 12.6

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Dear Team,
I have a requirement to upgrade CCM 10.5.2 SU3 to SU8. There are total 9 servers in the cluster including TFTP servers along with IMP publisher and subscriber.

The custome is based on Security and banking sector and we dont have enough downtime. The client wants to test the upgraded version in a mirrored enviroment before performing into production servers due to many thirdparty banking application intergration.

My plan is to use a PCD 12.6 for migrating the production (10.5.2 su3)to test servers (10.5.2 SU8). Only publisher and two 3 subscribers along with IMP servers will be migrated to test environment with different IP address and hostname.

THe production environment is hosted in vmware EsXi 5.5 (managed via Vcenter) and test enviroment will be hosted in EsXi 6.5 (managed via Vcenter).

1. How to download PCD ISO?
2. Is it possible to follow above method for migrating the CUCM servers to test environment with different IP address and Hostname?
3. Can we use PCD 12.6 for migration of 10.x UC servers?
4. Will there be any impact on the production servers after test migration? (example: auto shutdown or licensing)?
5. Any success migration document available?

7 Replies 7

1. How to download PCD ISO? You can get it from Cisco software download portal. Ova is available . 
2. Is it possible to follow above method for migrating the CUCM servers to test environment with different IP address and Hostname? Partial cluster I don’t think possible. 
3. Can we use PCD 12.6 for migration of 10.x UC servers? Check below PCD admin guide. 
4. Will there be any impact on the production servers after test migration? (example: auto shutdown or licensing)? During migration it will shutdown the source cluster. I am not sure if there is an option to not shutdown. Since u are changing the ip, go through admin guide.
5. Any success migration document available? You need to go through below admin guide and  CUCM upgrade migration document https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/pcdadmin/12_5_1/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1251/cucm_b_pcd-admin-guide-1251_chapter_011.html
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/upgrade/12_5_1/cucm_b_upgrade-migration-guide-125x/cucm_b_upgrade-guide-1251su2_chapter_00.html

Response Signature

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

Can someone help with proper guideline?

Its mandatory that you  need to go  through below documents before  you plan upgrade.

• Upgrade and Migration document for your applications
  • Prime Collaboration Deployment Administration Guide(if you planning through PCD)
  • Release Notes.

Response Signature

For your test cluster, can you put this in an isolated environment so you can keep the same IP addresses?  That would be my preference and it would mean that you just need copies of the VMs rather than having to use a migration process. It will keep the test servers exactly the same as the production.

Unfortunately isolation is not possible as we need to manage the servers remotely.

You could have a Windows server with two interfaces that you use as a jump station to remotely access the isolated network. On of the interfaces connects with your production network and the other connects with the isolated network.

We have used this for a isolated network with UC systems. You can even set up multiple IPs in the isolated network on the jump station so that it can provide the needed DNS service for your UC systems without needing to modify these settings on the systems in the isolated network.

For NTP we used a small Cisco router setup as a NTP server. This router also handled all of the routing of traffic in the isolated network to reach the secondary IPs set on the Windows server described above. For this we setup the router as a “Router on a stick”, aka with one interface that had many IPs.

Response Signature

sirajuddeen t p
Level 1
Level 1

I will be continuing with PCD migration. I will share the result and detailed steps if it worked well.