Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2: "Unmapped Exception 16" when adding devices or profiles

Patrick Kley
Level 1
Level 1

Since a few days there is a problem with an Application User of CUCM 10.5.2:

When I try to add new devices and/or profiles, the CUCM response is "Unmapped Exception 16".

This error affects this Application User only. All the other users are working as always, so I can exclude that this is a browser problem. There seem to be no known bug about this.

For the moment I want to avoid a cluster reboot and maybe one of you knows more about this.

Thanks in advance!

7 Replies 7

Jitender Bhandari
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Patrick,

Can you attach Screenshot of the error?

JB

Sure, here we go (attached).

Hi Patrick,

I did some research for you in Cisco database, i could find people have reported similar issue. And every time the issue was corrected by deleting and re-creating the issue. I dont think cluster reboot would take case of this issue.

What is this application user used for?

JB

First of all thanks for your research.

The user is used for a third-party CTI and voicemail server. It was working for many years now and the issue suddenly appeared last week. There was no change and I'm very confused about this.

All connections to the external server and the server itself have been restarted already.

So should I try to delete and re-create the App User?

Hi Patrick,

I cannot provide RCA for this as i said for all customer that i could see the issue cleared after deleting a re-adding the application user.

So if you are looking for a quick resolution i would suggest delete and recreate the Application user. If you are after RCA then it would require below logs and someone will have to reach out to BU from TAC.

1) Tomcat

2) CCM admin web service

(Rate if it helps)

JB

Hi Patrick,

did deleting \ readdign Application user helped?

JB

Patrick Kley
Level 1
Level 1

Alright, for all of you who have the same issue:

There was a certificate issue with the publisher. After fixing this, the AppUser lost all its profiles and devices, but it could be added again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: