cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5.2 Route Group with TOPDOWN Algorithm is using second path once the primary is up

shinajcm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

For my CUCM Cluster i got 2 sip trunks which are directly talking to the service provider IP address.

I can the patterns using the RL contains one RG which contains 2 devices(SIP Trunk) and the algortihm is TopDown.

We can see if we run the call report the 2 device is using even if the First route is avaliable.

Please let us know your suggestion to fix it.

8 Replies 8

jonathan.salter
Level 3
Level 3
If you reverse the order in the route group does that change anything?
Please remember to rate useful posts, click on the stars below.

I want the Top device to take the calls for me and the second device if the first Trunk is full it can accept 150 calls according to the provider.
We didnt try to change the order.

Hi Jonathan,

i want the current Primary Trunk to be used for all the calls not the second device so i cannot change it.

Is this issue occuring because i am adding 2 trunk in the device is that casuing the issue.

Where i can see there are ports or device ports itself i mean gateway which is working fine.

Please sugest.

Regards,

Shinaj

shinajcm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

Please assist on this.

If 2 Trunks are added as device is RG it will not work as Top Down algorithm properly. Is that any existing bug or is that normal behaviour of the CUCM.

Regards,

Shinaj CM

Hi Shinaj,

Can you verify your first trunk is working properly? 

Please test each trunk separately and ensure that both trunks are working properly. Then add the trunk and choose the TopDown algorithm.  see if it works?

Had a look and couldn't find anything related to TopDown distribution algorithm on the UCM version. 

Regards,

Shalid

Hi Shalid,

We can see most of the calls going through the first trunk but around 4% calls are going through the second trunk which should not happen. Previously we had only one trunk which is currently the second one which we will use only when the Primary is down in our current scenario.

If we put Trunks in device list is this a known issue.

I can try by removing the secondary trunk and test it.

Regards,

Shinaj CM

Hi Shinaj, 

It looks like the route group is working as expected. the top down distribution algorithm, the call manager distributes a call to idle or available members starting from the first idle or available member of a route group to the last idle or available member. 

In order to achieve your requirement, you should try with creating another route group with second sip trunk and assign in the same route list.

RG1-> SIP_Trunk1

RG2-> SIP_Trunk2

RL will have Route group in the order of RG1 and then RG2. 

Regards,

Shalid 

Rate useful post and mark answered for the relevant posts

Hi Shalid,

I will work on this and update you.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: