cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 > Call Forwarding Active Status

chuck47172
Level 1
Level 1

How can I tell from a remote location if a user's phone has call forwarding active on System version: 10.5?
I know I can check the end users Self Care Portal however; I would need to know their login credentials.
Is there a way an administrator can access the end users Self Care Portal to check forwarding status?
Is there a report I can run to see active forwarding on a phone?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

No, if you see a DN under a call forward setting in the DN config page, then that's the current configuration, if there's nothing, then there is no FW configured.

If the forward to VM box is checked, then that takes precedence over any DN that might be configured.

There's no concept of simply turning it "off" or "on" and keep the same destination there, if you want it "on" you configure it, if you want it "off" you leave it blank.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There's absolutely no way to tell from the phon, you would need to access CCMadmin for this, for a report, you would need to use BAT, which also requires CCMadmin privileges.

HTH

java

Thanks for the reply.

You can tell from the phone display if you are there to view it although I am not.

I have admin access to everything.

Will bat show active forwarding that is on at the moment I'm inquiring or just the last number it was forwarded to?

As an admin, can I gain access to someone's self care portal using admin credentials?

Yeah, I meant a remote phone.

BAT works with the info that is on the DB at the time you export the information, there's no report to tell you the last number they forwarded to, only what is configured at the time you do the export.

No, you cannot know the user's credentials, no matter what kind of access you have to CUCM.

HTH

java

I can see the last number forwarded to via directory number configuration/Call Forward and Call Pickup Settings however; I can't tell if it is turned on or not.

So are you saying that BAT will tell me if it is "Active/Turned on"?

No, if you see a DN under a call forward setting in the DN config page, then that's the current configuration, if there's nothing, then there is no FW configured.

If the forward to VM box is checked, then that takes precedence over any DN that might be configured.

There's no concept of simply turning it "off" or "on" and keep the same destination there, if you want it "on" you configure it, if you want it "off" you leave it blank.

HTH

java

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: