cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 OS password reset

lleweyiss
Level 4
Level 4

I need to reset the OS password on CUCM 10.5.1  (Pub & 2 Subs)

I have read the instructions in the CUCM Operating System Administration guide 10.0.1

(I don't see an Operating Guide specifically for 10.5)

It states I need to console in, which I can do from the vCenter, as these are vm's.

It also states that I need to insert a CD or DVD into the disk drive.

Is this still required if the CUCM's are now vm's on an ESX server ?

I am not sure that an ESX box has a disk drive and even if it did ,  I am not able to physically be at the ESX server.

Is there something else to be done instead ?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

In vSphere you mount a ISO, any will do, as the DVD. It’s a quite straight forward and easy process to do.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need to load an ISO image to the VM while on the console to perform the procedure.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

In vSphere you mount a ISO, any will do, as the DVD. It’s a quite straight forward and easy process to do.

Response Signature

I have never done that before, I rarely go to vcenter  .... if the server team need to do a upgrade to the ESX server, I do the shutdowns and power up process for the cucm servers , but that is about it.

Guess I'll figure it out, but thanks for mentioning any ISO will do and that this is an easy process.

What I meant is that the whole process to do password reset is well documented and is quite straight forward to follow. Including the part with mount of an ISO, however this part is vSphere specific, so out of scope for the document from Cisco. If you are uncomfortable with this I would recommend you to seek assistance from a friendly person in your server team. I’m sure they are willing to help you out.

Best of luck with this.

Response Signature

Below mentioned link explains the process of mounting CD through vsphear.

As your server team maintain vsphear take their support. follow the reset process mentioned in Cisco document and when prompted to mount  CD ask them to mount any CD.

https://docs.vmware.com/en/VMware-vSphere/6.5/com.vmware.vsphere.vm_admin.doc/GUID-C58B93A7-52CF-456D-95C1-8B5A906C9619.html

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: