Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 phones not registering to subscriber

Ajin Skariah
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have added a subscriber server to an existing CUCM Pub ver 10.5, activated the services, added to the call manager group with priority to the subscriber server and reset all devices. After reset, only a handful of phones got registered to subscriber server while majority of phones are registered to publisher only. I restarted the publisher server and those phones which were registered to publisher server got unregistered and registered back again to publisher when it came back up. What might be the issue?. I checked dbreplication and is working fine. Any help is highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Ajin Skariah.

28 Replies 28

Adarsh Chauhan
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

You can give deleting itl on phones as a blind shot.

Please rate and mark if helpful

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Please rate and mark correct if helpful
Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh,

Does deleting ITL on phones cause any issues?

Thanks,

Ajin.

Hi,

As long as you have not installed certificate on the phone and its not a vpn phone, it should not cause any issue.

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hello Adarsh,

I couldn't find any ITL files on the phone. Please see the attached. I have deleted the CTL file, CAPF and CallManager/TFTP and still the phone registering to pub only. I have resetted the phone, still the same. Any other resolution?

Thanks,

Hi Ajin,

Can you reset one of the phones whose CM group has sub at top and collect CM traces.

let me know the MAC address, extension and time stamp, attach CM traces from all the nodes.

Also if you can get me its config file from the tftp server (option 150 of the phone.).

from your computer run the following command in command prompt.

tftp -i tftpserveripaddress get SEP<macaddress>.cnf.xml.sgn

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh, 

You mean to reset the phone which is registered to Subscriber???

Hi,

Reset the phone, which is not registering to the sub.

Regards,

Adarsh chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh,

Please see the attached CM trace files. 

MAC Address of the phone: 001B0CACB7FA

Extension: 1501

Phone Model: CP-7940G

Time range: 12:15 PM - 12:16 PM

Thank you

Hi Ajin,

The config file has the changes.

The phone is sending request directly to the pub.

Having said that two possibilities.

1) the config file given to the phone was not accepted by it and it holding on to its previous configuration.

2) the phone did not make an attempt to register with sub. making me think something is wrong with the phone.

I would have suggested a factory reset but i have seen these phones not coming up because of the limitation with the firmware.

This phone seems to be on 8.1(SR.2), the other phones of the same model, are they on the same firmware?

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh,

Yeah I checked 2 more 7940 phones and it has 8.1(SR.2) firmware. So what do you think can be done now?. Please advice.

Thanks,

Ajin.

Hi Ajin,

can we take the risk of doing a factory reset on a phone and see how it behaves after that?

Regards,

Adarsh Chauhan

Regards,
Adarsh Chauhan

Hi Adarsh,

I have already done that but still the same. We have 7970, 7941 and 7940 phones added to the system, only 7940 phones has this problem. The other phone models are registered to the subscriber server. This is killing me! I hope there is a resolution to this. 

Thanks,

Ajin.

If the phones do have the right CUCM servers in the config file, I'd start taking sniffer traces from the phone and CUCM to make sure there is not something in the network preventing communication.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Hi Jaime,

But the other model phones (7941, 7970) are registering to the subscriber, only 7940 phones not registering to subscriber. So that means there is no network issues right?

Thanks,

Ajin. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: