Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.5 single FXO device

_Job3836_
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

We are looking for an FXO adaptor to terminate a single POTS line at a remote site.  We are not looking for an FXO card sitting inside an ISR serving as a gateway, but rather a stand-alone adaptor that will integrate with CUCM 10.5.  Hoping that there is a solution similar to the FXS version (ATA 190, VG202XM) that someone can recommend. 

We know that the Cisco SPA3102 can support what we need but not sure if this device is supported by the CUCM 10.5.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Appreciate any ideas!

4 Replies 4

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Haven't worked with one of those, but if you can configure something like the dial-peers on an ISR with H.323 or SIP, you should be able to use it.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you Jaime!

I found a thread where someone integrated it with CUCM 8.5, but it was not clear if they used it for FXS or FXO since it supports both.  There was no mention of dial peers. 

I'm looking for an economic way to integrate a POTS/FXO at remote site.  Justifying $2K+ on ISR for a single line is not easy.

Any ideas?

Found a Cisco SPA8800 that provides the FXO functionality.  Has anyone integrated this with CUCM 10.5 to serve as an FXO gateway?

Officially, nothing in the SPA series is compatible with CUCM. The smallest Cisco device that provides FXO *at the moment* is the ISR 880:
https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/routers/887-integrated-services-router-isr/data_sheet_c78_459542.html

At the end of this year we anticipate some VG400 series modes to provide FXO support for the first time. Normally I would be prohibited from sharing roadmap details; however, Cisco publicly disclosed these plans at Cisco Live this year. See slide 24 of this presentation:
https://www.ciscolive.com/global/on-demand-library/?search=Voice%204000&search.event=ciscoliveus2018#/session/15097411259430018dia