Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 10.x - 12.x: SELinux prevents DST in 2019

j.a.m.e.s
Level 3
Level 3

Dear All,

We have been warned about bug CSCvo62469 and that it might cause the phones at our European offices to spring forward a week early this year. 

The fix is to install ciscocm.CSCvo26979-CSCvo62469-Workaround_C0002-1.cop.sgn. The readme is here.

After installing the cop, I can see that TZData.csv has updated, but the readme doesn't mention whether we need to reset the phones. Does anyone know?

For the record, applying the .cop changed the "4" to "5" as indicated below:

# Looks better following patch:
admin:file search tftp TzDataCSV.csv Brussels
Searching path: /usr/local/cm/tftp/TzDataCSV.csv
Searching file: /usr/local/cm/tftp/TzDataCSV.csv
"TIMEZONE_EUROPE_BRUSSELS","Europe/Brussels","60","0/3/0/5,02:00:00:00","0/10/0/4,03:00:00:00","60","Europe/Brussels"

# SQL result was good pre and post cop file:
admin:run sql select dstdate from typetimezone where enum='27'
dstdate
===================
0/3/0/5,02:00:00:00

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Maybe the Readme has been edited in the meantime. For me, it says the following at the very end:

Step 17: Customers using 39xx, 6945, 8941, and 8945 phones will need to reset those devices after applying the COP file for the change to be picked up by the phone.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

d.haeni
Level 4
Level 4

Maybe the Readme has been edited in the meantime. For me, it says the following at the very end:

Step 17: Customers using 39xx, 6945, 8941, and 8945 phones will need to reset those devices after applying the COP file for the change to be picked up by the phone.

Oh, thank you for pointing that out! It looks like an additional note has been added. Since we only have 79xx and 88xx I believe we don't need to reset anything.

I've got several customers with 8945 and there's a factory reset needed. No way to get the proper time to display when resetting the phone via CUCM (Reset/Reload).

Any1 got a solution for this mess?

Hello Marc,

I have a customer running 11.5(1)SU5 with the 8945 IP Phone, and we can get the time to change by powering off and on the phone after installation of the COP file to all servers in the cluster.

Just to clarify, you must physically remove the cable from the back of the phone - though shutting an interface or disabling PoE may have the same effect.

A full factory reset has not been necessary.

Alternatively, it may be worth while changing the Date Time Group of a single handset to see if this alters the time as well.

Cheers,

James

Does this same file provide a fix for UCCX as well? "

file search tftp TzDataCSV.csv Brussels 
provides no results.

run sql select dstdate from typetimezone where enum='27'
produces
0/3/0/4,02:00:00:00
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: