Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 application password not working after change

gmanzo2000
Level 1
Level 1

Good Morning,

A customer has a Publisher-Subscriber cluster with CUCM 11.5 installed. Recently he wants to change th application password and as requested, I did so in CLI access with the command " utils reset_application_ui_administrator_password". It did change the password in publisher and be able to access to the CM administrator menu. I was able to do changes and so on. However, as soon as I logged out, I forgot to do something else and tried to access again with no success. I entered the same password a previusly type but no access.

I changed again the password, was able to access and as soon as I logged out and try again to login, I cannot again access.

What would it be happening? Please help me, I need to change some route patterns today or tomorrow at most.

3 Replies 3

TomMar1
Level 3
Level 3

I am having the same issue.  The password change whether in CLI or web based, does not stick.  You can log in once or for only a few minutes, but if you try to log in again with the updated application password you are unable to.

Hello, 

I found the problem, it was my solar winds server that was trying to access to the CUCM with a password that we modified and didn't update on the solar winds. 

A workaround I did before finding the problem, was to change the application password, access once and create an user and password with the same privilege that the administrator one. With that you won't have problems  to access and you can in the meanwhile what is trying to access to your CUCM, either for doing a backup or just verifying a keep alive of the server.

Hope this works.

Turns out SolarWinds was my culprit as well.

In RTMT I found the bad login attempts and traced them back to SolarWinds.

Thanks