Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 Conference Now Language

wstockerfirst
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community

I've a CUCM 11.5 installation and I've setup the feature Conference Now.

It was easy to configure and it works fine. In my environment the announcements are in German.

At the beginning it was okay cause we are located in a German speaking country but now for a better support for our branch offices around the world I want to change the announcements to English.

How can I change the language of the announcements?

Kind regards

Michael

3 Replies 3

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Michael,

If the calls come in via a SIP trunk then you can do the following:

- For the SIP trunk make sure it has a device pool with the Network locale set to English
- You will also need to set the User locale to English. For the SIP trunk, this can be set under the "Common Device Configuration".
- From Device >>> Device Settings >>> Common Device Configurations >>> you can create a new profile or modify the current one that is associated to the SIP trunk (if any)
- Set the User locale under this to English
- Assign this "Common Device Configuration" to the SIP trunk
- Make sure you Save and Reset the trunk before to do a new test call

For MGCP be aware of the following bug

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCva05265/?reffering_site=dumpcr

HTH

Manish

Hi Manish,

thank you for your quick reply.

It is no SIP trunk. Its a H.323 gateway and I've seen that there is no "Common Device Configuration" set for this gateway. I will set a Device Configuration with English locale but I can reset the gateway and test it only at off hours.

Maybe its the same bug with H.323?!

I will give a feedback.

OK, it works now (in English)!

After I set a Common Device Configuration with English User local the announcement changed from German to English when I call from outside.

If I call from a internal phone with Common Device Configuration with User local set to German the announcements are in German and with User Locale set to English the announcements are in English. Thats perfect!

Is there a way to have German and English announcements when I call from outside?

I already tried it with a second DN forwarded (also via CUC) to the Conference Now No. but with no success.

Thanks for your inputs.

Michael