cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 installation Questions. iso?

bwolf
Level 1
Level 1

Hey all, I'm in process of setting up a new call manager.  I'm setting it up in a new address space on the network.  I've had a hell of a time the past month trying to get licenses, ovas, isos.  I used the CUCM 11.5 ova to build the VM for it.  I need the 11.5 iso file to mount so it will install on startup.

At first, I was under the impression I needed to  use the Cisco PUT in order to receive a link to download everything I need for the installation.  But we ran in to issues with my cisco ID and the contracts associated with it.  I kept getting denied when I'd try to use the PUT.  I  contacted my cisco rep and he said to just get the CUCM box stood up, take a screenshot of the licenses and he would fix it.  I was also told that I don't need an iso for CUCM installation.  But when I start the new CUCM VM up, it halts at "Operating System Not Found,"  which makes me believe I do need an iso to install the software.  But where do I get it?

All that is listed in the cisco downloads page (https://software.cisco.com/download/home/286306100/type) for CUCM 11.5 is:

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi there

Cisco dont release the bootable ISO files, though there are plenty of workarounds to create a bootable from a non-bootable.

So your best way is to order via PUT is you have a valid contract. Since you wrote you had issues with downloading, reach out to your SE/AM for Cisco and tell him the exact scenario.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

What exact iso image are you using to begin the installation? Does it have the word "bootable" in the name? You do need an iso image of some kind. The ova for CUCM is just the CPU/RAM/HD/NIC configuration for a VM and not an installer. (Some of Cisco's ovas are installers, but not CUCM.)

If the iso image is bootable, remember to change the boot order in vSphere (or your virtualization client) prior to booting so the VM boots to the DVD (which will be the mounted ISO).

If you do not have a bootable ISO, you will need to get one from Cisco. Your account rep should be able to help you with that. (I don't know why he said you didn't need an ISO...)

I don't have ANY iso files for it.  I couldn't find them anywhere on the cisco download page.  From what I understand, I would have received a link to download it after using the PUT.  But for some unknown reason I can't use the PUT, I get an email denying my order when I use it.  Cisco can't seem to figure out why my cisco ID and contracts aren't lining up and they believe I should be able to use it.  So, he suggested just installing CUCM and then afterwards he would update our licenses.  It's difficult to get CUCM up without the iso :).  So, it seems like I'm in an endless loop of bad information from them.  I don't know how to get it resolved if they can't.

Basically all I needed to know that in fact an iso is required, which I think I have my answer, that it does.  If the iso isn't readily available for download, I'll turn back to my Cisco rep to find out how he can get it for me.  Thanks for the info

Hi there

Cisco dont release the bootable ISO files, though there are plenty of workarounds to create a bootable from a non-bootable.

So your best way is to order via PUT is you have a valid contract. Since you wrote you had issues with downloading, reach out to your SE/AM for Cisco and tell him the exact scenario.

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

I was able to get someone at TAC to send me a link.  Downloading it now!  Thanks for the info!