Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 LDAP Integration Requirements

cristian.munoz
Level 4
Level 4

Hi All

I have a CUCM 11.5 with a UCCX and with the end users and application user local accounts. Now the customer need to enable the jabber. For this he wants to connect to your LDAP. (Active Directory)
My question is what is the requirement for to do this, allow in the LDAP, account, etc?..and what happens with the end users and applications local accounts?

TIA
Cristian

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The SRND dedicates a whole chapter to the directory integration that you might want to read.

End user accounts whose userID matches the value you chose to use for userID for the LDAP integration would become LDAP users.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Dear Jaime

Then, the end users like agent of UCXX and application users like UCCX Admin, Jtapi user, RM user will remain as local users of the CUCM, without changes?

TIA
Cristian

No, end users not matching the userID attribute will be deleted:

After the synchronization is completed, any LDAP synchronized accounts that were not set to active are permanently deleted from Unified CM when the garbage collection process runs. Garbage collection is a process that runs automatically at the fixed time of 3:15 AM, and it is not configurable.

So, you need to ensure they match before enabling LDAP integration.  This pertains only to end users and not application users as those are always local to CUCM, i.e. RMCMuser, AXLuser, JTAPIuser or whatever you use for the CCX integration.

Do you mean they will be deleted from CCX?

I've followed your posts for some time and I know you totally know what you are doing, but I don't understand your answer about accounts being deleted. Since CUCM 9.x, LDAP users and local users can coexist on a CUCM server. Matching userIDs will be mapped on LDAP synchronization, but unmatched local accounts would remain local accounts even after synchronization.

Am I misunderstanding your answer?

Maren

Ratheesh Kumar
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi there

This link helps you to understand the procedure of LDAP and CUCM integration. 

http://aurus5.com/blog/cisco/integrating-cucm-and-active-directory/

Hope this Helps

Cheers

Rath!

***Please rate helpful posts***

My doubt is because in old versions with LDAP integrations, the UCCX web user administrator must be to created before in the LDAP, if not you lost the web access to UCCX. Is it still occurred?

TIA
Cristian

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: