cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 11.5 User's Capacity need to Expand (Virtaul Disk Expansion)

SachinS1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have CUCM 11.5 cluster which is supporting for 1000 user's and we are about to cross it, before that we need to expand the user's capacity to 7500 user's

Can we expand  CUCM 11.5 user's capacity by a Virtual Disk Expansion COP file just like we do it for CUCM upgrade from a lower version to 11.X

Or any recommended method please?

Thank you.

4 Replies 4

Gregory Brunn
Spotlight
Spotlight

The correct way to do this is to do a back up and restore onto the ova 7500 type. 

Have you confirmed you hardware will support that ova.

Typically the 1,000 OVA is for BE6K only right, so good question on hardware, because if it is a BE6K, then the OP cannot increase the VM size.

Actually i am about to move CUCM 11.5 from BE6K to BE7K.

Existing CUCM11.5 is configured for 1000 users (BE6K)  and i want to move it to new Server (BE7K) for 7500 users

Can you confirm on below steps,

1. Create exact replica of existing CUCM with 7500 users OVA on BE7K (Isolated network).

2. Take Backup of CUCM11.5 of existing CUCM cluster which is on BE6K.

3. Restore it on CUCM11.5 Cluster on BE7K.

Let me know if this will work as i am creating exact replica but with OVA which will supporting 7500 users.

Thank You.

I have never done it before, but I do think that's how it would be done. There is no difference in the software or database for a BE6K vs BE7K, so the DRS should work for you no problem.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: