Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.0.1.1 TFTP Not Running

saifeldin
Level 1
Level 1

Dear All,

Hope this finds you well,

Kindly we have a problem the phones not registering in the CUCM it said TFTP Timeout

I think the problem in the TFTP because it is not running and when I want to start the service it is start from less then 30 seconds and again stopped 

the old phones working normally but we can't add any new phones because the TFTP 

thanks in advance for your help 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

I found the solution ,

I guess there was a bug on the software so I restart the server then perform an updated now the phones registered and working fine

View solution in original post

19 Replies 19

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

You will need to review TFTP logs to see what causes the service to fail to start.  Have you attempted to reboot the server?

Hi,

thanks for the reply 

no I didn't restart the server, 

I check the log file and I found this message 

00063440.000 |13:22:28.638 |FileHead |UTC:+03:00,Date: 2019/03/31, AppName: TFTP, AppId: 600, AppNodeId: 1, AppVersion: 12.0.1.10000-10, HostName: DAR-CUCM, HostIPAddress: 10.10.10.252, AppStartTime: 2019/03/19 18:04:22, FileNumber: 19, TraceVer: 3.0
00063441.000 |13:22:28.638 |AppInfo |SDIControlLayerFailed - Failed to update trace logging or alarm subsystem for new settings. Error:2 Reason:SDI control re-read failed on CN_SERVICEABILITY notification App ID:Cisco Tftp Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:DAR-CUCM
00063442.000 |13:22:28.650 |AppInfo |SDIControlLayerFailed - Failed to update trace logging or alarm subsystem for new settings. Error:2 Reason:SDI control re-read failed on CN_SERVICEABILITY notification App ID:Cisco Tftp Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:DAR-CUCM
00063443.000 |13:22:28.652 |AppInfo |SDIControlLayerFailed - Failed to update trace logging or alarm subsystem for new settings. Error:2 Reason:SDI control re-read failed on CN_SERVICEABILITY notification App ID:Cisco Tftp Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:DAR-CUCM
00063444.000 |13:22:28.653 |AppInfo |SDIControlLayerFailed - Failed to update trace logging or alarm subsystem for new settings. Error:2 Reason:SDI control re-read failed on CN_SERVICEABILITY notification App ID:Cisco Tftp Cluster ID:StandAloneCluster Node ID:DAR-CUCM
00063445.000 |13:22:28.653 |AppInfo |SDIControlLayerFailed - Failed to update trace logging or alarm subsystem for new settings. Error:2 Reason:SDI control re-read failed on CN_SERVICEABILITY notification App ID:Cisco Tftp Cluster

What is the status of your cluster, i.e. when you login via RTMT are you seeing any errors?  Is DB replication working correctly?

I restart the server all the services are working but still the phones can't register
when i checked the logs on the phone
I found the below
TFTP Timeout : SEPD4AD717B1F6E.cnf.xml
No Trust List Installed

TFTP configuration are good still don't know the problem

Is the phone properly defined in CUCM?

Have you done factory reset on the phone?

Is the proper TFTP IP address show up on the phone?

What do you see on the phone's console log (browse the IP address of the phone)

Is the phone properly defined in CUCM?  Yes

Have you done factory reset on the phone? Yes

Is the proper TFTP IP address show up on the phone? Yes

What do you see on the phone's console log (browse the IP address of the phone) kindly find it in the attachment 

Looks like the phone is unable to reach your TFTP, see:

2367 NOT Apr 04 19:38:13.314481 (2894:2894) dgetfile-HTTP connection/TFTP timeout, try next node.

2368 NOT Apr 04 19:38:13.314573 (2894:2894) dgetfile-HTTP/TFTP error timeout...  

2369 NOT Apr 04 19:38:13.314909 (2894:2894) dgetfile-HTTP/TFTP sleep 1 secs...  

Is there a firewall/ACL between the phone and CUCM TFTP? 

Are you able to ping the phone's IP address from CUCM server?

Is there a firewall/ACL between the phone and CUCM TFTP? No

Are you able to ping the phone's IP address from CUCM server? Yes

I found the solution ,

I guess there was a bug on the software so I restart the server then perform an updated now the phones registered and working fine

The same thing is happening with me, how can I do the update to solve this problem? Can you give me the steps? I need your help to solve this without loose the the environment already configured. 

Hello,

Did you try the methods above ? if it didn't work the upgrade is easy .

1- First take a backup in case something happen

2- Download the right version for the software upgrade 

3- Go to the browser and go to Cisco Unified OS Administration.

4- Go the tape Software Upgrade / Install & Update

5- then fill the path for your downloaded software.

you will need a SFTP server to set the path so the server can download the software from your PC 

thanks 

Hi Saifeldin

I'm in problem trying to set a local SFTP server, i need your help with the program you already used and the steps. Thanks in advance

Hugs 

Hi,
use this tool
https://www.solarwinds.com/free-tools/free-sftp-server
you just need to configure the sftp IP to take the ip from your local NIC card
you can do this form the setting of the tool
also make sure you PC can ping the server
thanks

Hello, i setup the local server already but when i'm about to start with cucm i found this information ... ( picture attached ).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: