Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.5 block incoming number.

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hi all,

We have a cucm 12.5 and need to block incoming numbers,  I would like to know how I can do this via the CUCM.

Thanks. 

1 Accepted Solution
8 Replies 8

Do you want to block it based on calling or called information ? Is this calls Coming from a gateway or another CUCM through trunks ?

Response Signature

Juraj Papic
Level 3
Level 3

Hello,

I want to block specific incoming numbers.

Thanks

This has been covered many times before in the community, there's a write up on how to do this, a quick google search or search within CSC will provide everything you need.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Jaime, tu respuesta no ayuda en nada. A veces debemos ponernos en el lugar del otro y solo ayudar.

Hello Roger, 

How can I do this via the Gateway? 

Thanks. 

I wrote the following if you are trying to match a specific number.

This is for ISDN configuration.

You can apply the call block treatment to a broader peer if you want too, to prevent any number from being reached.

There is administrative overhead to this, caution since you're changing the configuration of your voice gateway, and, as always when this discussion comes up, you're playing a game of whack-a-mole that you probably cannot win trying to block a caller from reaching you.

Per DN Call Treatment

Dial-Peer Example

dial-peer voice 201 pots
 trunkgroup 1234
 description Special Treatment Screening Number
 translation-profile incoming PSTN-Inbound
 call-block translation-profile incoming CallBlock_Peer_201
 call-block disconnect-cause incoming user-busy
 incoming called-number NXXXXXX
 direct-inward-dial
 forward-digits all

The incoming called-number represents the number as it would be presented to the gateway. Noting that translations are applied after match of the peer, here we match 7 digit subscriber as presented to us for a DID.

The call-block translation-profile incoming CallBlock_Peer_201 refers to a voice translation-profile specifically for this peer. You should create your own for your own peer, if needed.

Translation Profile Example

voice translation-profile CallBlock_Peer_201
 translate calling 600

The above profile, named in the dial peer, tells us that we are "translating" calling numbers using voice translation-rule 600. Called party number is not relevant here.

Translation Rule Example

voice translation-rule 600
 rule 1 reject /NPANXXXXXX/

The above translation rule, which can contain up to 100 rules, matches a calling party number in whatever format given (number, TON, etc) and marks that call for reject.