cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 12.X | Call History - Call back without having to edit dial first and tac on '91'

RITR
Level 1
Level 1

Is there a way to go into your phone's call history (8851) and just call back the number directly without having to first edit dial and then tack on the '91' (9 to get an external line and the 1 for long distance) before the number? This has been the case since our 4.X install and I'm wondering if anything has changed since then to allow us to get around it.

3 Replies 3

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

There are many ways to accomplish this and his is probably the most commonly asked question, have you tried searching for it?

Chris,

Let me help you answer people better.

Response 1) "There are many ways to accomplish this including _______ or _______ and even _______. This is a commonly asked question so you should be able to find a solution by searching __________ or _________. Let me know if you can't find what you need."

Response2) "Just google ____________ and you should get what you need."

Response 3) None! Just don't respond at all.

Thanks

Apologies for offending you, that was not my intent and thank you for your tip. Here is couple quick queries that provide many solutions:

"cucm prefix 9 missed calls"

"cucm prefix calling"

The solution also depends on what protocol is used to control the GW, i.e. SIP vs. H323 vs. MGCP as solution is different depending on it, as well as weather PSTN connection is PRI vs. SIP trunk.

My recommended one is to use calling party transformation, as the benefit of it is that the calling number shows the prefix in call directory, i.e. missed calls, yet it does not show up on the phone display when it ring, hence it does not look strange to the user. Here are couple of links to correct detailed answers to how to achieve this:

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/add-prefix-9-for-incoming-calling-number-of-missed-call-only/td-p/1825859

https://community.cisco.com/t5/ip-telephony-and-phones/calling-party-transformation-not-reflecting-in-the-call-log/td-p/3041778

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: