cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 14 / Legacy Paging / Informacast Basic

MJD52
Level 1
Level 1

We are looking at upgrading our phones from a traditional PBX to Cisco IP. I am familiar with the CIsco IP and have deployed them before. However, the time I worked with them with overhead paging was a long time ago and was using unicast through an interface on the router to a bogen amp. It appears now, Informacast is included to some degree with basic and other licenses. I think the 50 device limitation will be ok, however, I noticed the Legacy Paging Interface is only for Advanced licenses. Is there anything else that can be utilized in the "basic" license to utilize paging to a single amp in a building? like an ATA or FXO? Or would I be better off utilizing a line group? 

Thanks all. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

It didn't use Informacast at all. Ceiling speakers, and analog page control/amplifier, and then the SIP device registered with call manager.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

See here:

https://www.singlewire.com/informacast-basic-paging

You can also use any 3rd party paging solution you want along with informacast, you'd need to discuss wih the 3rd party vendor which interface and / or protocol would be required.

A line group has NEVER been a solution for paging.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Sorry I meant paging group. 

I have had excellent results with page controls from Valcom. There make a PoE powered SIP device (PagePro VIP-201A) that will register with CM. If you have legacy analog type paging, that is a very easy integration. You can likely take a connection from the SIP page control direct to an existing page control.

Did you use this device with Informacast basic or how did you utilize it
within the deployment?

It didn't use Informacast at all. Ceiling speakers, and analog page control/amplifier, and then the SIP device registered with call manager.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: