cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

cucm 7.1 sip trunk trunking to service Provider Sonus GSX/NBS

anupam.tyagi
Level 1
Level 1

I am having CCM Cluster with 6 CCM - 1 Publisher and 5 Subscribers. i will taking the pstn service  from the service provider . I will be connecting to the pstn network through the  ip network softswitch - Sonus Platform . The connectivity between Sonus pltaform will be on GSX/NBS -There will sip trunking between NBS and CUCM .For the communication between the Sonus and CCM Clusters . There is a requirement of 10 SIP Trunks between CCM and Sonus Box .

Few Questions:

1. From CCM Prespective Can i create 10 sip trunks with same destination ip address - NBS

2. From the Sonus prespective trunking it require 10 distinct ip address of IPPBX ,As i have 5 Subscriber as Call-Processing unity , how i can create 10 trunks to the CCM Side

CCM ---SIP TRUNK ------NBS/GSX - PSTN

1 Reply 1

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Anupam,

CUCM prevents you from using the same IP and port destination for a SIP trunk.  So the question back to your provider is if they expect CUCM to communcate over the same IP and same port number for all 10 trunks.  If the answer is yes, same IP and PORT, then you must use DNS name resolution to specify the 10 different trunks.  If they allow incrementing of port to the same IP, then you should be able to define each trunk by IP and port.  Most customers use the DNS trick to have 10 different DNS names resolve to the same IP.

As for the return 10 trunks, I am not sure how to answer that.  What is their IP and port numbering requriements for the 10 trunks?  If they can vary the IP and port number, then use DNS to resolve the IP and set the port number accordingly.  If the IP must be unique or the port number cannot change from 5080, then you are going to be restricted to 5 trunks max.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: