cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 7 drop down menu does not work with IE 11

sanil.tison
Level 1
Level 1

I installed CUCM 7 in a VMWear machine and i can access is from the host machine and logg on, but this all i can do. when i click on the drop down menu nothing happens.

can someone help me. i am building a lab to study for my CVoice exam.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does it work with other browsers, ie Firefox?  IE 11 would not be supported with CUCM 7 as CUCM 7 was released long before IE 11 was released.  I'd suggest using Firefox or Chrome or downgrading IE.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Does it work with other browsers, ie Firefox?  IE 11 would not be supported with CUCM 7 as CUCM 7 was released long before IE 11 was released.  I'd suggest using Firefox or Chrome or downgrading IE.

HTH, please rate all useful posts!

Chris

thanks for the reponse and yes the fact that IE11 was made well after cucm7 was the problem.

so what i did was to create a VM Machine with windows Xp and used the IE that came with it.

This is not entirely correct.

For starters, the same problem existed with most prior Chrome browsers.  By the way, we're on CUCM 8.6 (version 8.6.2.23900-10) and Cisco won't even officially support it.

Luckily, the latest Chrome browser (version 32.0.1700.72 m) does have some support for the "hover menus" (menus do drop down and are selectable now but the black triangle gets replaced with some funky missing object).  However, this also appears to be dependent on other OS and configuration factors for each end users - the user admin self help pages in CUCM 8.6 are extremely inconsistent in the field as far as which browser works and doesn't.

Furthermore, it is Microsoft's and Google's problem to make their products backwards-compatible.  If they choose not to then we all suffer.  Downgrading a browser should never be an acceptable solution, only a temporary workaround.

Mozilla Firefox worked well...

Dan Walker
Level 1
Level 1

For completeness sake, firefox 27.0.1 is being used until we decide what to do about iexplorer 11.   We hate to scrap the use of iexplorer because we pay so much for Microsoft support we would like our core products to run under our support agreements. The rest of the company may upgrade the browser except the support team is sporting a pre-tabs browser. Time to validate our Cisco support and see if we can encourage the continual improvement process.

I ran in to this issue during a rebuild of cucmbe 7 a few months ago. The Menus WILL work if you run the site in compatability mode within Internet Explorer. Had to do this for both ie 10 and 11 on my windows 8 system. Have not run in to any quirks or issues doing this.

I am running CUCM 10.0 and we pushed out IE 11 and we have the same problem and compatibility mode works fine when I enabled it. Thanks David.

Hello, I did the compatibility and the page did come up but once I try to click CUCM Administration I get a Page cannot be displayed error. Saw on some other post that suggest downloading Opera could not even do the install.

Nightwolf_82
Level 1
Level 1

Click on the gear icon on the right-hand top corner, then select Compatibility View settings and add the IP address of your CUCM server. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: