cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM 8.5 / UnityConnection 8.5 User Sync After Disaster Recovery

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

Ok, this one is going to get a little complicated, and I hope there is an easy answer:

Hurricane Sandy drowned a customers datacenter with 6' of brackish swamp-water.  ALthough a good portion of their servers were saved, 75% of the phone system was destroyed, including both the Pub and Sub servers (CUCM, UCXN, CUP, UCCX). We have a good backup of the CUCM server, which was restored to both Pub and Sub yesterday.  Phones (that survived) re-registered, and calls began to flow.

Today I was to setup the Unity Connection - which we DON'T have a good back up of.  I have configured some basic settings, got the phonesystem integration up and running, etc.  When I go to Sync the users, I can only see the few test users we created new yesterday.  All of the previous users in the CM are configured correctly, but they won't sync.  If I use the "EDIT CISCO UNITY USERS" dropdown, the link points me to a dead server. 

1) Obviously somewhere in the CM DB there is a pointer that links this user to a specific server.  Is there a way to break this link? 

2) is there anything I can do to get the users in CM to forget they were ever connected to a VM Server? 

3) Will this method cause me pain when I go to build the CUP and UCCX servers as well? 

Basically, how can I clean the CM user database to remove any memory of any previously configured servers / equipment and start again?

Thanks in advance.

Matt

1 Reply 1

mmiktus
Level 1
Level 1

answer:

Export users from cucm to csv after the restore

bulk delete users from cucm

recreate a BAT

reimport users with appropriate user to ext mapping

reimport users into UCXN once phone associations, primary ext, ext are correct.

That is all.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: